Chapter 42: Time and Tide

"Tonight's the night! Tonight you sweep the prince off his feet and the two of you finally confess! Oh, I've been waiting for this day for such a long time.", Fred sighed, dramatically wiping away an invisible tear. (Y/n) couldn't help but smile at her friend's antics. She continued to dry her damp hair in front of the vanity while Fred gushed about (Y/n)'s future as if she was weaving it into fate with each word. She didn't mind. She liked the idea of a future with Technoblade more than she could admit.

It was an inevitable conclusion, really. There was no other explanation for the feeling only Techno could make (Y/n) feel. His smile made (Y/n) feel happier than she ever thought was possible. His gaze made her feel like she was valuable. His touch was like the soft kiss of flame on a cold night. His laugh was a melody no orchestra could hope to replicate. He was like a definition of perfection, with each flaw simply adding another stroke of paint on a masterpiece. (Y/n) couldn't name a single part of him she would change. If it was a part of him, she would love it whole-heartedly.

"Come, let's pick a dress."
"Ooh! Can I look at the dresses?" The two looked to the door and saw a fluffy-haired boy standing in the doorway. Footsteps came down the hallway towards the room. "Fundy you little rascal, stop running off!", Wilbur chided as he appeared in the doorway and picked up his son. "Sorry (Y/n), Ms Nivision, hope Fundy isn't bothering you."

Fundy was in a white dress shirt with a lace collar, the top button undone (most likely by him). He had a navy blue jacket over that and a matching cap in hand. He had black pants and brown boots on. Wilbur had a similar white dress shirt with a bunch of lace in place of a necktie. Rather than a jacket, Wilbur had a navy blue vest. He had a brooch with polished carnelian on the breast pocket, matching the brooch on Fundy's jacket.

"Oh it's no problem, I don't mind him looking at the dresses if he wants to.", (Y/n) responded. Wilbur looked to his son, who had stars in his eyes.
"Yeah! Can I, dad? Pleeeeeeeease?" Wilbur sighed dramatically.
"Fine, but I'm staying with you so you don't go putting your paws where they shouldn't be.", he said, sitting on a spare chair with Fundy on his lap.

With an audience of 2, Fred began going through dresses, (Y/n) modelling potential options.

(Remember these are still just suggestions. Imagine yourself in whatever you want to wear!)

 Imagine yourself in whatever you want to wear!)