Chapter 18.5: The Minecrafts, pt 2

TW: MENTIONS OF KIDNAPPING, MENTIONS OF BLOOD AND INJURY, MENTIONS OF A CULT, READER DISCRETION ADVISED, DEATH (NOT A MAJOR CHARACTER)

Get ready for Techno's backstory. If you can't read this, I'll put a small summary at the end.

_______________________________________

The adopted Prince, Technoblade:
The story behind how and why Techno was adopted into the Royal Family is a tale speculated by the entire kingdom. The most known public knowledge is that the king was returning from war, who against is a topic not spoken of openly. Who would speak about a kingdom based around a religious cult in casual conversation? The war was won, but what happened to the people of that kingdom isn't fully known. It's assumed most became displaced and moved to nearby kingdoms, the cult that made their monarchy long since abandoned.
No one likes speaking about the origins of the war either. Kidnappings from all surrounding kingdoms being traceable to that kingdom was the last straw, the tension between the kingdoms becoming war. One kingdom against several others, Kinoko kingdom and Wider SMP being but a few, meant there were few casualties, and the battles were on for no longer than a couple of months. That kingdom stood no chance.

The finding of Technoblade occurred during the destruction of the cult's temple. The king had been separated from the main body of his battalion, when he found a woman, previously enslaved by the immoral priests at the head of the religion if the tattoos on her arms were anything to go by, cradling something swathed in red fabric. Blood flowed from a wound on her abdomen, her body shaking as adrenaline kept her conscious. She wouldn't make it, Phil quickly realised upon inspecting her wound. Short, choppy breaths left her as she tried to speak, but her attempts proved futile. Wordlessly, she moved part of the red fabric to reveal a small, chubby hand. She had a baby.
The woman practically forced the sleeping infant into the King's arms, placing a dry kiss against the baby's palm and letting the hand wrap around one of her fingers as she slumped back against the wall.

Phil cradled the baby against his chest and took the woman's hand as her chest rose and fell with her final breaths. With her remaining strength, she pointed to a separate archway hidden partially by silk curtains, before her arm fell limp. She drew one last breath, a tear slipping down her cheek, before she finally fell still. Phil closed her eyes and whispered a prayer for her, holding the baby close to his chest. When the baby stirred, her moved some of the fabric from over its face. He was shocked with what he saw.

The baby was not fully human. Pink hairs sprouted from its head. Its nose was round, almost pig-like. It's ears were pointed and floppy, twitching slightly as the baby awoke. As it cracked it's little eyes open, Phil was worried to see vibrant red eyes with rings of soft blue, like a tranquil body of water tainted with blood. The baby squirmed, kicking its legs about and revealing a little pink foot. However, in place of toes, the baby had shiny black hooves. All worry about the child's appearance was replaced by fatherly instincts when the baby began to squirm and cry.

He gently rocked the baby, bouncing it and cooing at it quietly, lulling it slowly to sleep. He re-wrapped the baby, making sure it was comfortable, before approaching the covered archway. Phil tugged down one of the curtains and began tearing the fabric, wrapping it around the baby and his torso. Adjusting the knot near the base of his wings, he was sure the baby was secure to his chest. Now he had both arms available.

Upon walking through the archway, he found himself in a stone room with shrine in the centre. Upon the shrine rested a book with a hard leather cover — or it at least appeared to be leather. Upon opening the book, Phil saw diagrams, writings in an unknown language, and religious symbols. As he was turning the pages, a loose sheet of paper fell out and drifted down to his feet. He picked it up and saw it was written in the common language. However, the handwriting looked like someone wrote it with their foot, leaving not much to decipher.

... woman... fertile... seed is within... we shall... back...
The child... success... enact vengeance... is no longer... to terminate.

Whatever was written on that paper clearly wasn't good. It mentioned a baby too. Did they mean the one in his arms? Phil knew that he had to take care of this kid. Not only because they could be linked to whatever this cult was doing, but because now he had the sleeping baby so close to his chest, close enough to hear their soft breaths, he knew he was too attached to just abandon them.

Phil got several stares from his men, but he didn't care. He had a child to take care of.

Jump forward 21 years, and Phil wouldn't be able to explain how proud he is of his adoptive son, or how proud he is of all his sons. Even Tommy.

Those are the boys of the Minecraft family, but we can't forget about the Queen: Kristin.

When talking about the great Minecraft family, the queen is often overlooked. The princes had made great names for themselves, and everyone knew of the king. She seemed to slip people's minds easily. But that was just part of her abilities.

If you were the goddess of death, you wouldn't want to be easily memorable.

Kristin had not lived any mortal lives except this one. This was the closest she had ever gotten to people, and she had no regrets. She loved her husband, and her sons. These memories were things she'd never forget, even when all of them inevitably passed away. For now, she would balance her godly duties and motherly duties.
Only Phil knew about what she was. She preferred keeping it that way. She didn't know how her kids may react, so she wouldn't say anything. Phil found out when his mother passed away. Kristin had awoke, tears flowing down her face, repeatedly apologizing to him. He could barely make out what she was saying except for "it was just her time," and "there was nothing I could do". He didn't understand what she was talking about until the next day, when he received news that his mother had passed away in her sleep.

For a while Phil became distant from Kristin, but one night, Kristin told Phil his mother's last words. Her wishes for him to stay happy, an apology for not being able to see her grandkids grow up, and a bittersweet goodbye. Kristin still felt guilty about being the one to originally tell him, but after sharing everything with each other, uncovering every secret, the two of them grew even closer.

Whenever Kristin spoke to a dead person in a dream, it meant something big would happen, so her first instinct was to worry when she met a woman with short (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes.