Chapter 34: The Duel, Continued

I have decided the torture chapter won't be a special chapter.
It'll be canon. :)
But it'll come later in the story. Nearer to the end of the book. It will happen though, I promise. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy part 2 of the fight!

Techno heard a cry. It took him a moment to realise who's it was, but he was back on guard when he did. His eyes widened as he saw his brother.

(TW! GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF INJURY/GORE!)

Wilbur was hunched in front of him, steam rapidly rising from his back. His shirt looked as if it had been burnt away by the contents of the potion, and his skin was practically bubbling as the concoction hissed on his skin. The pale flesh was bright red, some bad areas a much darker shade. Where the glass had cut skin, maroon tinted blood bubbled and sputtered, reacting just as badly to the potion of harming as his skin did. It was very likely that Wilbur would have scarring, and he would be lucky if they faded. 

(TW OVER)

Techno held his brother's shaking form as (Y/n) slipped under the rope and rushed to them, helping the eldest prince out of harm's way and yelling for someone to call a physician. Any other man would by screaming and writhing in pain when hit with a potions of harming, but no other sounds came from Wilbur other than heavy breaths and the occasional grunt of pain. Techno admired his brother for his will, and knew he was indebted to him.

Techno looked to Rajmund, who held more potions in his hand. Rajmund tossed them on the ground at his feet, and rushed at Technoblade. The prince hastily brought his sword up to block the attack as Rajmund struck with much more force than he had prior; he had used potions of strength and swiftness. 
Sparks flew as iron struck iron, and both swords separated with noticeable chipping along the edge. Techno had little time to react as Rajmund attacked again and again, the iron blades struggling to cope with each hit. With the potion's effects, Rajmund's physical skill was almost greater than Techno's. However, he still lacked the technique; Techno could use that to his advantage.

Techno got back into the mindset he had prior, blocking and parrying as the crowd watched silently. Each second that passed was a second closer to the effects of the potions wearing off. Techno withheld the upper hand, switching from defence to offence with ease. He slashed down at Rajmund, aiming to wound him from shoulder to hip, but the nobleman (ironic title, Techno thought, for a man with no honour) evaded the attack, managing to wound Techno's side with a slash. Techno paid the wound no notice, continuing his bombardment of attacks on the blonde. They both gained a handful of wounds, but the particles surrounding Rajmund were thinning out. The effects were almost gone. Three more blows were exchanged before the particles dissipated entirely. 

The two challengers had their fair share of injuries when Rajmund was knocked to the floor with a kick. Before he could sit up, he found the prince's blade waiting at his throat, capable of decapitating him if the blood god so wished. Techno did not move to do so.
"You have been bested, even while using potion effects. I have won. Now stay. Down."
No, he couldn't lose like that. He refused!
Techno had no time to react before Rajmund tossed a final potion in the air, on course to hit the both of them. 
"If I go down,", he said through gritted teeth, "I'm taking you with me."

Techno saw the crazed look in Rajmund's eyes as the potion descended towards them, and immediately knew the potion could prove fatal for the both of him.
But he had already decided on his course of action.

Rajmund closed his eyes, waiting for the potion's effects. He heard glass shatter and iron clattering next to him, and the crowd who had been cheering for the prince's victory previously fell silent, gasps heard from all around him. However, while he expected to be covered by the potion, he only felt a few odd droplets of the tar black liquid. He slowly opened his eyes to see Technoblade stood over him, arms outstretched and his shirt stained with an inky black. Techno had saved him from the potion.

Techno had saved Rajmund from the wither potion.

As physicians arrived and began treating the oldest prince, (Y/n) rushed back into the ring to Techno. Though the crowd didn't notice it, she could see the way his muscles tensed repetitively. Though his face remained stoic, she could hear his uneven breathing. While everyone else saw Technoblade appearing to be unaffected, (Y/n) knew Techno was in pain. Police arrived quickly and dragged Rajmund to his feet, telling him his charges and reciting his rights. (Y/n) took hold of Techno's arm and was going to lead him to the medics when his feet gave out from below him and he fell to one knee. 

The gash in Techno's side throbbed with each breath. It had taken the majority of the potion alongside the cuts caused by the bottle. Fortunately, his shirt had soaked up a large amount of the potion. Unfortunately, the soaked shirt was rubbing the open wounds. Not ideal.

Medics rushed past (Y/n), two of them bringing a stretcher knowing there was a low chance the prince would be able to hold consciousness for long. Where red previously dripped from wounds, black liquid now slowly oozed. The wither effect had taken its toll quickly. Techno's chest rose and fell shakily as the medics lifted the stretcher. The princes were both put in a medical wagon, (Y/n) being allowed to go with them thanks to Wilbur's verification, which began speeding towards the castle. While doctors used cloth soaked with healing potion to treat Wilbur's back and cleaned out Techno's wounds, (Y/n) silently held his hand, caressing it comfortingly with her thumb. She wouldn't allow a single unshed tear to fall until Techno was better. 

King Philza and Queen Kristen were watching their grandson while their eldest two sons were at the duel. They hadn't fathomed the idea of Techno losing, the two knowing his skill surpassed all others. So they were immediately worried when they heard both princes were being taken to the medical ward for further treatment after being harmed by potions. Kristen held Fundy as the two rushed to see their sons. Phil would go in first and inform Kristen of their condition, so she could decide whether it was ok for Fundy to see his father and uncle. When they arrived, Techno was almost fully bandaged and Wilbur's back had been treated, so in Kristen and Fundy went. 

"Dad!"
"Hey there buddy!", Wilbur greeted, sat upright in order to not irritate his back. Fundy was passed over to his dad, noticing the bandages around his torso. 
"Are you ok dad? Did someone hurt you? Who did it? Me and uncle Techo will beat them up!", Fundy proclaimed, puffing up his chest and showing off his skill by beating up the air. His father and grandmother laughed.
"I'm ok, champ, uncle Techno already beat up the guy who did it. He's gonna get in lots of trouble and I'm gonna be fine. But uncle Techno isn't gonna be able to beat up bad people with you for a while."
Fundy gasped. "Is grandpa gonna tell them off? He's scary when he's angry.", Fundy whispered, glancing at the door.

Looking past his dad, he saw Miss (Y/n) sitting with his uncle, rubbing her eyes with one hand while the other still held Techno's. "Miss (Y/n)! Are you crying? Did the mean guy hurt you too? I'm gonna kick his butt! Me and dad will mess em up!", Fundy yelled, making the girl laugh. 
"Don't worry, I'm fine. I'm just worried for your uncle.", she sighed, looking to Techno's calm expression as he slept.
Fundy looked at his uncle for a minute, seemingly in thought, before blurting out,

"Did uncle Techo win?"

"Yes, he won. He was amazing."

"Awesome! Can I fight in a dool like Uncle Techo, dad?"

"No, Fundy."