𝙲𝚑. 𝟷: 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝙱𝚕𝚞𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚔

Present Time~
A large building stood in front of me now. I carried a duffel bag with the essentials, toiletries, computer, etc. Exactly one week ago, I had received an invitation to participate in a program known as Blue Lock.

It said something about it being a huge benefit for those who wanted to go into a sports related career, and technically that was something I was aiming for.

As I looked around though, I came to the quick and uncomfortable realization.

Why am I the only girl here?

I was pushed into the building, alongside the other boys outside the building. Had they not been my age, I probably would've been uncomfortable. Once we were settled, a giant TV screen was displayed, displaying a rather creepy looking man.

"Welcome, to Blue Lock! My name is Ego Jinpachi, and I am your manager!"

This guy is definitely... something... that's for sure..

"You will spend quite awhile here, so get comfy. See the workers coming around? They will be confiscating your phones from you"

Multiple protests and gasps echoed through the room, Y/n included. She wasn't really sure what to expect coming here, but she didn't think they'd basically be held hostage. Begrudgingly, she handed her phone over.

"Good. Now, I'm sure you all read the letter, as to what this program is..."

A program to make the world's best striker... Yeah, that sounded crazy as hell when I first read it... It still does, but now that I'm here, I can see they truly mean it...

"So, what use could we possibly have for all of you here? It's simple really, managers! As a manger, you will keep track of player data, strategize with your team, and report your team progress back to me in an organized document"

Me... managing a team? That's insane!

One of the guys in the room raised his hand, an angry look on his face, "This sounds insane sir! You already took 300 guys in here to torment them, but what exactly is in it for us?!"

"I was getting to that before you so rudely interrupted me..."

The boy quickly shut up, a redness entering his cheeks.

"Now... what is in it for all of you? First off, an unparalleled leadership experience. Where else are you going to find an opportunity like this? Not to mention, if you're looking to be a manager of a real team after this, we offer a chance for that as well" a sinister grin crept up on his face.

Some of the boys looked excited from this, others, not so much.

"If all of this isn't getting your attention, then I do have one more thing to offer, a letter of recommendation, to any school of your choice, handwritten by the association board members"

Y/n's attention snapped back in place. Any school they wanted? For the past three years, she had been studying hard to become a dietician. It was her dream...

Ego's cocky smiled returned, "Good~ I see you're all interested now... Then without further ado, welcome to Blue Lock!"

The screen turned black, a bunch of workers came from the hallways, holding up tablets that displayed names. You quickly caught sight of the worker that had your name displayed, your face scrunching in disgust as your full name was displayed. You started to make your way over there.

Please, no one notice... no one notice...

"Hey! Who the hell is Y/n?! What's with that surname?"
"Y/n? That sounds like a girl's name!"