𝙲𝚑. 𝟺𝟿: 𝚃𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗

"Well?... You know it has to happen, don't you?"

You watched helplessly, as Isagi tried to stretch Chigiri's leg out for him. You wanted nothing more than for this to be a bad dream.

But Chigiri... he has to keep playing... I don't want him to...

But suddenly, that memory came back to you in a flash. Chigiri's limp but small figure on the floor, his right leg out of place, the puffiness in his eyes as he tried to keep himself from crying. You realized, that you didn't want that again. You didn't want to see him get destroyed by his leg again.

Anri squeezed your shoulder for support, "Think of it this way Y/n... You'll be helping him more than harming him... If he continues to play in this condition then—"

"I know... don't worry, I understand..."

Taking a good look at the players on the bench, you need to make a decision, and fast. Your players look at you with uneasiness, secretly hoping you'll pick them.

We're gonna lose Chigiri and Niko... Niko's been pretty handy so far with his vision, and Chigiri has been contributing with his speed... The two players I pick don't necessarily have to have the same talents, but they have to be just as good...

You flip through your notes, racing against time. Not only did they have to be good players, but they had to be able to keep up with the intensity of Shidou and Sae, who seemed to be an unlikely duo. After careful consideration, you ran over to the referee, whispering something into his ear.

Anri chewed on her thumb, anxious about your decision, "So? Who are you picking?"

The referee held up a sign that displayed the player that was getting substituted, and their substitution. You pointed at the two players of your choice, your stare causing shivers down their spines.

"You two... it's your turn"

"What's this?! It appears one of the managers for Blue Lock is making some substitutions! Number 4, Chigiri Hyoma, and number 3 Niko Ikki are being subbed out... Number 14, Mikage Reo and number 16 Hiori Yo are taking their places!"

As Hiori fixed his uniform, he felt a pair of eyes watching him closely. He turned his head over to you, to see your sad-fixed expression on him. There was a sort of pained look to your eyes, almost like you felt guilty.

"Hey... Hiori...", you said glumly, looking back onto the field.

Hiori rubbed the back of his neck, a bit nervous. He'd never really spoken to you, and his first interaction with you seemed sad.

"Yeah? What is it?"
"... please... don't make me regret my decision on this substitution..."

Hiori looks back to you with wide eyes, you face falling as you watch Chigiri walk over to the two of you. Reo has already swapped places with Niko, not bothering to look back. Hiori doesn't know what to say to that. Were you upset at him?

"If I may so selfishly ask... Please... play with your heart's content... Cause if you don't, I'll feel for taking Chigiri out of the game like that..."

Hiori sighs, running a hand through his hair, "Ah... So that's what this is about huh?...", he looks back at you, raising his hand for a high-five, "Don't worry... I will"

You nod, trusting him and giving him that high-five. Hiori fist-bumps Chigiri as he makes his way to the field. Chigiri doesn't say anything as he passes by you, making you worry a bit. He begins to make his way past Ego, trying to take a seat and rest up.

"Hey... what's with the face?"

Ego looks unfazed as Chigiri walks past him, with Chigiri barely holding it in. Ego only seems to add more fuel to the fire.