𝙲𝚑. 𝟺𝟹: 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝!

It's today...

You fix yourself up in your room, making sure that your manager suit looks fine. You've never been one to obsess over looks too much, but today was important. Today was the U-20 match, so of course you had to make sure you looked your best. After putting a bit of lip gloss on that Anri gifted you, you were ready.

Why am I nervous? It's not like I'm playing.... But still... Chigiri, Isagi, Rin...

Knock! Knock!

"Y/n? Are you ready in there sweetheart?", Anri called out to you.

You took a deep breath, relaxing your mind and body as you opened the door.

"Yup! Ready!"

Anri looked you up and down, a low whistle escaping her lips, "You look good. Dressing up for someone in specific?", she grinned smugly.

Rolling your eyes, you walked past her, fixing your tie, "You're not teasing me today Anri. I look good for the match of course! This match is being broadcasted on live television after all"

Anri hums in agreement, pushing her bangs so they're side swept, "You got that right... I'd hate to have a bad hair day on an important day like this"

Although the last couple weeks have been nothing but stressful, Anri helped lift a weight off your shoulders. Being around her made your heart warm up, and your nerves at ease. Maybe it's because she's the only female interaction you get to have.

"Check it out Isagi! Does it suit me?"

You heard commotion as you entered the boy's locker room with Anri. All of them seemed to be in their own little world, not reacting to your presence. Some said hi of course, but the match was really the only thing on anyone's mind right now.

"Hey Y/n~ You look so cute!", Bachira waved at you.

Isagi smiled in turn, waving to you as well, "Nice look. It suits you"

You run up to the two boys, hugging them tightly and wishing them luck on their match. You felt like this was your last chance to really give anymore motivation to them, so you did the best you could.

"Huh? I don't need your cheerleading Itoshi", Barou grumbled, taking a chug from his water bottle.

You smirk, a hand on your cheek, "Someone's grumpy... Is King Barou upset that he's not on the starting roster~?"

Your shit-eating grin only fuels his rage, gripping his towel tightly, "Watch your tone runt. I'll get called out, and when I do, the whole world is gonna see King Barou!"

"Glad I could motivate you then! Byeee~!", you waved your hand, winking at him as you walked off.

Barou scowled, realizing he fell for your taunt. The other players were much easier to converse and motivate. As you spoke with your team, you caught a glimpse of your boyfriend trying to fix his hair. It seemed to be in tangles, agitating him.

"Need some help?"

Your soft voice appeared beside him, taking a seat next to him on the bench. He couldn't help but blush when he looked at you, holding the brush out to you in a daze.

"Y—Yes please...", he mumbled sheepishly.

You grinned widely, taking the brush and facing his back towards you as you got to work. You couldn't remember the last time you brushed his hair for him.

"You have a lot of knots in your hair... any reason as to why?", you questioned him, knowing the answer.

Chigiri continued to look down at the floor, shuddering every time your fingers ran through his hair. Something about this felt so... intimate.