𝙲𝚑. 𝟸𝟾: 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐

....

....

"HHuh?!"

Your eyes bulged and you quickly drew your hand away from his, "What? Did I overstep my boundaries?!"

Chigiri turned away from you, hunching down onto the ground. He was no longer on the brink of tears. Instead, he could hear his heartbeat in his ears, and his face was all sweaty from the nerves.

"Chigiri?! Woah are you okay—"
"I'm fine!"

His voice cracked a bit, making you take a step back, unsure if he was upset or not.

"I didn't mean to make you upset....", you chuckle nervously, not expecting this reaction from him.

"You didn't though!"

He turns back to look at you, his cheeks slightly red, and a shaky smile on his face. His eyes are practically glowing at you.

"I'm happy... really happy!", he giggles, standing back up to face you.

A warm feeling spreads throughout your body, your lips curving upwards from how excited he looks. You clear your throat though, extending your hand out to him.

"Just to be clear though, I only said I'd date you... not that we're necessarily in a relationship...", you want to clear that part up, not wanting him to think you're stringing him along.

He chuckles at that, taking your hand in his, "I get it... But... Why though?", he pulls his hand away from yours, "Wouldn't it be better to figure your feelings out before we start dating?"

You form an 'X' with your arms, a frown on your face, "Nope! If anything, dating is a way to figure out your feelings towards another person. Well... at least that's what Sae would always tell me...", you laugh nervously.

Chigiri can only hum in response. He knows the difference between dating and entering a relationship, but he can't seem to wrap his mind around why you would want to date him. You check the time on the watch Ego gave you, a small gasp escaping your lips.

"Oh crap! We should probably eat soon. It's gonna be dinner time"

Chigiri nods his head, leading the way to the dining hall. He can't help but let his mind wander.

I'm dating her... I'm really dating Y/n... I mean, she didn't accept my feelings, but she didn't reject them either... I can't believe it!

"Chigiri? Aren't you gonna get your food?"

He snaps out of it, realizing he hasn't scanned his shoulder yet to receive his meal. Next to him, you scan your own shoulder, your little doodle made by Ego himself popping up on the small screen, alongside your name. Just then, Chigiri remembers something from earlier, following behind you as you two walk to an empty table.

"Hey Y/n... About earlier... Could it have something to do with why you were hiding your name from Team Z in the beginning?"

You don't answer right away, taking a sip of your Miso soup. At the mention of it, your eyes slightly curves down, It seems that it's a sensitive topic for you, and Chigiri feels a little hurt that he doesn't know.

He chuckles a little, beginning to dig into his own meal, "Sorry. Let's just eat.."

Your heart aches at the sight of him dropping the subject. You turn to him quickly scooting closer to him on the seat.

"W—Wait! I'll tell you! Sorry!", you grab his hand, squeezing it tightly.

He scoffs, looking down at your hand and raising an eyebrow at you, "You don't have to force yourself you know"