𝙲𝚑. 𝟸𝟿: 𝙸𝚝𝚘𝚜𝚑𝚒

"Alright, is everyone aware of the plan?", Isagi spoke up as all of you walked down the dark tunnel.

You gave a thumbs up and a nod, while the others seemed to ignore poor Isagi and walked ahead of him.

Isagi groaned, "Those egotistical jerks...", he turned to you with a hopeful smile, "Do you think we can win?"

Your small smile drops, a frown on your face as you thought about his question. You couldn't deny that the boys had gotten better, especially Isagi. He went from breaking down after their first lost, to adapting and evolving his weapon.

Isagi pouts, "You don't believe in us or something?"

You sigh and smack his head, "It's not that... I'm just a little conflicted to answer that..."

Isagi tilted his head in confusion, "Then is it because of Rin?"

You scoff and walk onto the field with Isagi, the rest of your team members already stretching as they wait for the opposing team.

"What does Rin have to do with any of this?", a look of disgust makes its way to your face.

However, that look of disgust is to mask the pain you feel at the mention of Rin. In reality, you wouldn't mind if Rin was victorious in this match.. but... the others have worked just as hard.

"It's got nothing to do with Rin... I'm just not sure how to answer your question...", you mumble in response, playing with the pen in your hand.

Isagi chuckles and ruffles your hair up, "Alright, I'll take your word for it.... And also...", Isagi goes pale, whisper-shouting in your ear, "Did I do something to make Chigiri upset or something? Cuz he's been staring me down hard this whole time..."

You both look ahead to see Chigiri stretching his arms, his eyes glued to Isagi. You thought your glare was terrifying, but Chigiri looked like he was quite literally about to murder someone.

A small giggle escapes your lips, cupping a hand over your mouth, "Don't mind him. He's just a little upset that you're talking with me"

Isagi shudders, "Oh god. You don't think he heard me 'confess my feelings towards you', right? Cuz if he did, you have to let him know it was only a test before he kills me", Isagi hides behind you.

Chigiri raises an eyebrow as Isagi cowers behind you. He sees you hold in a laugh, before smiling at him and giving him a small wave. Chigiri looks away quickly, not wanting you to see the blush on his cheeks. He musters a small wave though, not daring to look back at you.

Isagi frowns and slightly nudges you, "What was that about? He seems so much more flustered around you than usual"

A bead of sweat rolls down your forehead at his question. Was it safe to tell him? You and Chigiri didn't talk about if others could know about it.

You lean and whisper into Isagi's ear, "Don't tell anyone, but me and Chigiri are sort of, kind of dating..."

Isagi's jaw dropped, staring right at Chigiri, who is stretching his legs out. Isagi shakes your shoulders, a giddy look on his face.

"Seriously?! That's great—"
"I guess, but we're not necessarily boyfriend and girlfriend-"

"Yet", Isagi smirks, nudging you playfully.

You groan and punch him on the shoulder, "Shut it... But seriously, don't say anything, or I'll tell Chigiri you confessed your love to me"

Isagi's eyes widen and he shakes his head frantically, "Please don't do that. I like living"