𝚂𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢: 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷

(For the sake of this story/manga, we're doing a time skip to around November. Realistically, it's been about three months since ya'll seen each other. Also I'm gonna go off the plot a little, since by now, it's been three months, and Ego would've created the U-20 team already)

~~~

"Y/n Itoshi?"
"Right here m'am!"

Your graded biology research paper was handed back to you, a thumping in your chest. Biology was a course that needed to look good on your record when getting into college, so it's obvious you'd be a bit nervous. You cautiously peeled the corner back, knowing that's where the grade was.

"Oh my god–!"
"Itoshi inside voice"
"Sorry..."

A few of your classmates giggled at this, but you couldn't care less. Cause there on the paper, in big red ink, was the writing "100%". The teacher even drew a little doodle, writing "good job!". You felt like a little kid waking up on Christmas Day from how giddy you were.

"Sakura! Check it out!"

You charged at your friend, paper in hand, that big smile never leaving your face. She was in the midst of cleaning out her locker, a pile of papers on the floor.

"What is it–? Woah! Slow down!"

CRASH!

"Y/n....", her voice was thick with impatience, a crumpled paper in her hand.

You chuckle nervously, "Sorry... But look!"

Despite the mess you had made on the floor, Sakura brushed it over when she saw the grade you had gotten.

"Damn, one hundred percent?", she high-fived you, "That's great!"

"I know right! I can't wait to tell Hyouma about it later!"

To say the last three months was long was an understatement. It had felt longer than the three years you spent not talking to him. There was a pressing question that ran through your head constantly.

Ego said it'd take roughly about three months to form the new U-20 team... Does that mean he's finished already? Would I have to wait longer?

Sakura closes her locker, carrying all her thrown out papers to the trash, "I just can't believe he finds time to call you every night. I mean, that sounds like a complete hassle"

"Heh, you sounded like Nagi just now...", you wince slightly, recalling the gamer's funny habits.

Sakura groans, following close behind you as you exit the school, "If I had a nickel for every time you compared me to your blue lock besties, I'd be rich"

"Rich like Reo?"
"....."
"Okay I'll stop..."

It wasn't just Chigiri, you missed all of them. You missed having to wake Bachira up with Isagi, you missed cleaning the room with Barou, despite him telling you that you were doing it wrong. You missed peeking over Nagi's shoulder while he played his game. asking questions about it now and then. And most importantly–

A small whine leaves your lips, leaning onto Sakura's shoulder, "Ughh.. I miss Rin..."

"I know", Sakura's eye twitches, having had enough of your pouty behavior, "You mention that at least once a day"

Poor Sakura was left with a mopey you, having to deal with your random waves of melancholy. This had been her everyday life for the last three months, and she could only take so much more of it.

"Oh my god–!"
"Is it really them?"
"They're so much hotter in person!"
"Can you sign this for me please?!"

The front of the school was seemingly crowded with students and staff combined, some of the staff trying to hold the students back. You'd think there were celebrities on campus from the amount of squeals and people.