𝙲𝚑. 𝟷𝟶: 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜

The break ended, prompting everyone back onto the field, minus you and Minato of course. You watched closely as Kuon convinced Raichi to pass him the ball, which in itself was pretty confusing.

I mean, I guess at this point they could just stall for time... but half the game is still left, so is that really a safe play?

SNATCH!

As soon as Kuon was given the ball, it was taken right from him, Keisuke laughing in delight. Your body started to tremble, as you saw him make the shot and score a goal for his team.

"Huh, for someone that was so agile earlier, Kuon sure let him slip past his defenses...." you muttered harshly under your breath.

A giggle escaped Minato's lips, "I guess..."

You side-eyed him, not pressing him further on the matter.

Kuon clapped his hand repeatedly, "It's okay! We're still up by two. Here Isagi..."

Kuon did the worst pass you'd ever seen. Even you could do better than that. His pass was so slow, that Junichi, the older Wanima brother, was able to intercept it, scoring yet another point for Team W.

You frowned, raising your clipboard over your head in frustration, "Hey Kuon! What the hell kind of pass was that?!"

"I'm... I'm terribly sorry! Please forgive me!" he was on his hands and knees now, hunched over in front of his teammates.

You couldn't help but feel a little... off, from him. Here he was on the floor, begging for forgiveness, but was it-

"What was that?"

The words came out of your mouth rather quickly, coming out as almost gibberish. Minato looked to you with a big smile, a blush still on his cheeks.

"What was what Y/n?"

You didn't know what it was, but just now, you could've sworn that you saw what appeared to be a wicked grin on Kuon's face. It struck you to your core, making the pit in your stomach fall even further. As you watched the formation change to Isagi, Kunigami, and Bachira, your suspicions grew even further.

"Has anyone ever told you you're annoying? Move it"

Bachira was in the middle of trying to push off one of the opposing team players. Your eyes darted from him to Kunigami, who was in the midst of also being trailed. Isagi had no one in his formation that he could pass it to.

"This doesn't make sense! How could they have known-..."

....

....

No..... It can't be...

Your blood ran cold, multiple chills going down your spine, You could feel yourself go as pale as your skin could let you.

"Oh? It looks like you've discovered something Y/n~"

Minato had the smuggest look on his face. Your eye twitched just from looking at it. The next thing you knew, you grabbed him by his collar, pulling him close and staring him directly in the eyes. If your glare was scary before, then this one was a nightmare. The same black spirals consumed your irises, staring directly into his soul and mind. His trembling grew worse, only managing to whimper.

"Tell me... now... is it Kuon?"

~~~

"Kuon... you betrayed us?"

It took him awhile, but Isagi finally got it. Kuon, the person who had scored all the goals, the person who had been messing up, was a traitor.

"Bingo..."