𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

⦿ ◎ ⦿

⦿ ◎ ⦿

"Are you sure you're okay, Rosie?" Rami asked Rosalie for the hundredth time as we walked into their house. "I'm fine, Rami. I promise." Rosalie sighed, turning to face me and Rami with Liam next to her. "Quite worrying." Rami sighed, shaking his head, "Rose, it's my job to worry about you. I'm your big brother. With Mom back home visiting Dad, I'm in charge of you, and you got kidnapped on my watch." Rami said, sighing.

"Rami, I'm okay, though," Rosalie said. "But you almost weren't. And if something happened to you, I would never forgive myself, Rosie. You're my sister. I couldn't bear to lose you." Rami explained with tears falling down his face. Rosalie rushed into Rami's arms, making Rami hold onto her tightly. "I love you, Rosalie," Rami said, kissing Rosalie's head. "I love you too."

I smile as I watch the brother and sister hold each other. I see Liam watching them with a guilty look and wrap my arm around his shoulders. "Don't try and blame yourself for what happened. What matters is that you're okay, and so is Rosie." I told him, and he sighed and nodded. Rami and Rosalie broke apart, wiping their tears. "There's something you should know about when we were with the Dread Doctors."

"What is it?" I asked Rosalie. "Rose, you said you were fine," Rami said, and I saw the fear in his eyes to think his sister was hurt. "And I am fine," Rosalie said, then turned to Liam, who nodded for her to continue. "But...when the Dread Doctors took us, they took my blood," Rosalie admitted, making me furrow my brows. "Your blood?" Rami questioned, and Rosalie nodded. "Why would they take your blood?" I asked, and Rosalie shrugged.

I sighed, "You know what? We will figure that out tomorrow. It's been a long night, and we all need to sleep. Good to bed, you two." I said, sending Liam and Rosalie to bed. Rami and I head to his room. As soon as I close the door, Rami sighs, sitting on his bed. He held his head in his hands, and I could smell the stress coming off him. I sat next to him and wrapped my arms around him, making him immediately cling to me and start sobbing. I focused on Liam and Rosalie in the next room and heard their steady heartbeats, meaning they were already asleep.

"It's okay, baby," I whispered, knowing Rami could still hear me as I rubbed my hands up and down his back. We stayed in this position for a while before Rami stopped crying and pulled away from my chest. "You okay?" I ask him as I wipe his tears and hold his face. "Yeah. I just...I can't lose her." Rami's voice broke as he spoke, making my heart break. Since knowing him, I had never seen him like this. Looking so broken and defeated.

"I'd say you won't, but I think you and I both know that is a promise no one can make. Promising to keep someone safe doesn't always go as planned. But I promise I will always try to save her as best I can." I said as Rami looked me in the eyes. "You and your family mean the world to me now, and I'll be damned if anyone tries to take any of you away from me," I said, and Rami chuckled.