𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

⦿ ◎ ⦿

⦿ ◎ ⦿

"Derek!" I said as I lightly smacked his cheeks, trying to wake him up. Derek passed out on the elevator floor with Stiles and me sitting beside him. "Let me try something." Stiles said, and I let him have a go. Stiles slaps him harder than I did, making me wince as the crack of palm to cheek fills the elevator. He pulls back, this time closing his fist before going in for a punch when Derek catches him by the wrist.

Blinking, he glances about the elevator and out its open doors to the deserted corridor.
"Where is she?" Derek asked, and I sighed softly, "Jennifer? Gone... with my mom." I said, making Derek look at me wide-eyed. "She took her?" He asked, and both of us nodded, "Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So, we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you the hell out of here." Stiles says.

Stiles and I helped Derek up. But he pauses as another alarming realization hits him, "What about Cora?"

🌑

After what happened at the hospital, I went with Rami and Arthur to their house so I wouldn't be alone. When we entered the house, Delilah instantly ran to me and brought me into a hug. And I just held on to her and started crying, sobbing into her shoulder. I let it all out that I'd been holding in as she comforted me. She held me for twenty minutes until I finally stopped crying.

Arthur and Delilah told me I could stay with them until we got my mom back, and I was grateful for that. Right now, I was sitting in Rami's room on the end of his bed, waiting for him as he talked to his parents downstairs. As I sit there, I hear a knock. Looking up, I see Rose in the doorway. "Hey." I said, wiping my tears.

"Hi." She said, smiling sheepishly. She walked in and sat next to me. "I'm not gonna ask how you are 'cause I can clearly see that you're not." She says, making me giggle. "But I do have a question that I've been meaning to ask you." She says, and I sniff, nodding for her to ask. "How come you and my brother aren't actually dating?"

Her question threw me off, guard. "Um... well, before becoming a werewolf, I had a boyfriend, Flynn. We were together for a little over a year. And uh... last year at a party, I caught him cheating on me. It also happened to be my first full moon that night, and I almost shifted in front of him, but I went outside before I could." I explained to her.

Rose nods, "So... I'm guessing you didn't want to jump straight into a relationship with Rami?" She said, and I nodded, sighing. "Yeah. I may have broken up with Flynn last year, but it still hurts, and I'm just scared to have my heart broken again."

"Can I tell you something?" Rose asks me, and I nod. "Once the mate mark showed up on him, Rami was so excited, and he started trying to find you immediately. But when he couldn't sense your location through the bond, he was so upset. No matter what he did, it just wouldn't work. I had never seen him so depressed before." Rose says.