𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

⦿ ◎ ⦿

⦿ ◎ ⦿

I was with Rami and his family, finally sitting with them and telling them everything about how Peter bit Scott and me, how we had to fight a giant lizard who was Jackson, as well as having to deal with Gerard. They were surprised by everything I had been through in only a year, but I shrugged it off. As I told them everything, in the back of my mind, I kept thinking about Derek. He had disappeared after Boyd's death, and I was hoping he was okay.

"You and your brother are twin wolves, correct?" Arthur asked me, and I nodded. "Yup. Bitten at the same time and by the same alpha." I said as I sat beside Rami in the family's living room. "Have you guys practiced your abilities?" He asked. "A little over the summer. We haven't had much time since school started, with everything happening now."

"So you can communicate telepathically?" He asked, and I nodded again. "Yeah. We can open that connection, but it's still hard to turn it off sometimes." I say. "That sounds annoying." Rose said as she was lying on her mother's lap. "You have no idea. Especially since the entire summer, all Scott could think about was his stupid ex-girlfriend." I shake my head.

From next to me, Rami chuckles, "Allison." He says, and I nod, rolling my eyes. "I take it that you don't like her. Did she break Scott's heart or something?" Delilah asked, running her hands through Rose's hair. "Or something." I say, and they all stare at me.

"You told us she's an Argent which is a problem in itself, but what did she do that makes you so made?" Arthur asked, and I sighed. "I told you how her mother almost killed Scott at the rave." And they nod. "Well, after Derek bit Allison's mother, she killed herself because of the weird hunter code they have. Well, Gerard told Allison that Derek was the reason her mom killed herself, leaving out that she was trying to kill Scott."

I see Arthur nod, "So she went after Derek." He said, and I nodded. "Yeah, and even after we defeated Gerard, she still blamed Derek. Even though she didn't know the truth." I say. "Scott didn't tell her?" Rami asked, and I shook my head. "He didn't want Allison's last memory of her mom to be about her almost killing her boyfriend."

"If it was Allison's mother that almost killed Scott, how come your mad at Allison? I mean, I'm sure she deserves it but still." Rose asked. "Because she never apologized for what she did. She tried to kill Derek but never apologized to him for thinking he bit her mother for no reason when he did have one. One that she didn't care to learn about." I say, and Rose nods, understanding. "Well, I'm sorry you had to go through all that last year, Vienna." Delilah says, and I smile at her.

"Thank you, Delilah. But I wouldn't trade it for the world. As much it was hard, it led me here to you guys." I say, and they smile. I smiled, feeling welcomed by them and a part of the family. But my mind goes back to Derek, hoping he's okay, and my smile falls. "What's wrong, Vienna?" Arthur asked.

I sigh, "I'm just thinking about Derek. I hope he's okay." I say, feeling tears form, but I push them back. "I'm sure he's fine. From what I know about those Hale's is that they are strong. I met Talia Hale, and she was the strongest of them, and it wasn't because she was an Alpha. It was her character. And from how you described Derek, he sounds just like his mother, strong because of his character. He'll come back, and he'll be even strong when he does." Arthur says.

I smile but still feel worried. "You care about him a lot," Delilah says, and I nod, chuckling. "Yeah. He helped Scott and me when we first got bit. Granted, Scott didn't appreciate the help, but I did. Something was happening to us, and Derek was the only one with answers." I say, reminiscing. "He was the one who told me about the mate mark and about Scott and me being twin wolves. If it weren't for Derek, I'm sure Scott and I probably would've died already from the hunter. He's become like another brother."

I see Delilah smile, "I'm sure he sees you as a sister. And that he cares about you just as much as you do for him." She says, and I smile. "Have you told him how you feel?" Rami asked, and I shook my head. "No." I say. "Maybe you should. You might feel better." Arthur says, and I stare off, thinking about it and wishing I knew where Derek was. I groan, "I just had to gain another honorary brother. This is getting annoying." I said, and they laughed.

"How many honorary brothers do you have?" Rose asks, and I chuckle. "Three now. Stiles, Isaac, and now Derek." I answer Rose. "Wait, Isaac. Since when have you considered Isaac, an honorary brother?" Rami asked, and I shrugged. "Since he moved in with us." I say, and he nods. "Well, you won't have to worry anymore. When you and Rami get married in the future, I'll be your sister."

I look at Rose and giggle at her. "Rosie!" Rami says, annoyed. "What, it's true." She says, shrugging. I laugh even more, "No, she's right. Come here, sis." I say, opening my arms. She smiles, gets up from her mother's lap, then falls into my arms, and we hug each other.

🌑

I was back home after hanging out with Rami and his family all day. I was the only one home since mom was at work and Scott and Isaac were who knows where. I sigh as I enter my room, throwing my bag on the ground as I turn on the light. I walk in, and when I look up, and see Derek sitting on my bed. "Oh, my god. Jesus Christ, man. A warning next time." I say, clutching my chest. "Sorry."

I catch my breath seeing just how broken the usual tough guy in front of me is. I walk over to him and sit next to him and wrap my arms around his broad shoulder, holding him. We sat there for a few minutes in silence as I held him, not moving. "Thank you, Vienna." He finally says. "For what?" I ask, looking at the side of his face as he stares at the ground.

"For caring. It's weird, but I appreciate it. So thank you." He tells me, and I feel tears form. "You're welcome. And I'll always care no matter what. I see you as a brother." I confess to him. He turns to me with his brows furrowed, "Really?" He asked, and I smiled, nodding. "Yeah, I do. You've been there for me since the beginning, and I appreciate it. Really I should be thanking you. If it weren't for you, Scott and I would probably have died already by the hunters."

Derek chuckles, "You're welcome. And I do see you as another little sister. And I'll always care for you no matter what, Vienna." He tells me, and I hold him tighter with my head on his shoulder. "Being my brother, now you can call me Nena. Scott, Stiles, and Isaac already do. Now so can you."

"Why are they the only ones who call you that?" He asks. "When we were kids, we couldn't pronounce my name. It was hard. The best Scott and I could do was Nena, and it just stuck. When we met Stiles, he didn't right way call me that, but as the three of us grew closer, I saw Stiles as another brother. I told him he could call me Nena the day his mom died." I said, thinking back. "And Isaac?"

I shrugged, "Since he's lived here, it just felt right, I guess." I said, and he nodded. "Well, then, I guess I'm honored to be able to call you Nena." He said, and I smiled. "You should be." I say, and he chuckles. "I'm really glad you're okay. I was worried about you when you disappeared." I admitted to him. Derek nodded, "I figured you would be. I'm sorry I made you worry about me."

"It's okay. Being my brother, I'm going to worry about you a lot. Just like I do with Scott, Stiles, and Isaac. So get used to it." I say, and he nods with a smile. We sat there some more silent again, with Derek putting his head on top of mine. We just stayed in each other's presence feeling content.