𝐓𝐖𝐎

⦿ ◎ ⦿

⦿ ◎ ⦿

I was in my room, lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling contemplating how I got here. Scott and Stiles went to a birthday party of a girl Stiles is friends with. They invited me to come, but I decided against it as I didn't even know the girl. As I stare at my ceiling, I hear a knock at my door. I looked and saw mom was standing in the doorway. "Are you alright, sweetheart?" She asked as she walked into my room and sat at the end of my bed.

I sigh, then sitting up, "Not really." I say. "Is it werewolf-related?" She asked, and I chuckled, looking at her. "Remember when I told you about my mate mark?" I ask, showing the mark on my shoulder. She nods, "Yeah, I do. I remember seeing it for the first time and wondered why you randomly got the letter c tattooed on you." She said, and we laughed.

"Well, I may have met my mate at school." I tell her, and her eyes widen. "Seriously?" She asked, sitting back on my bed. I knew she was excited to talk about boys with me. "Yeah. Remember, the c stands for Castillo. And the new guy at school is Rami Castillo." I tell her, and she nods. "Oh wow. Did you tell him that you're his mate?"

"No." I say, and she looks at me bewildered. "Vienna!" I shrugged, "What was I supposed to do, mom? Just walk up to him and say, 'Hi, I'm Vienna, and I think I'm your long-lost mate.' That's insane." I tell her, and she shakes her head. "Nena, baby. You told me that when he spoke to you, he said he's been searching for you for a long time, and now that he's here, you're telling me that you don't even want to talk to him. What are you so afraid of?" She asked me, and I looked at my lap, playing with my fingers.

Mom sighs, "This is about Flynn, isn't it?" She asked, and I nodded. "I'm scared of getting hurt again, mom. Of falling in love with someone only for them to break my heart." I confess. Mom put her arm around my shoulder and brought me to her side, and I lay my head on her chest. "Babygirl, I know you're scared, but you don't have to be. This boy Rami is your mate. And from what you told me, I know he's supposed to be yours forever. Someone you get to spend the rest of your life with. He's not gonna break your heart."

"You think so?" I asked her as she rubbed my arm. "I know so. But I get that you're scared to jump into something with him, so go slow with him. And explain that to him. Tell him the truth about why you're so hesitant. I'm positive that he'll understand." Mom says before I lift my head to look at her. "How can I be sure he'll understand?" I ask.

"Because he's been looking for you for a long time. If he's smart, he'll know that having you in his life, even as a friend, would be better than not knowing you." Mom says, and I think about it. I look at her and smile, bringing her in for a hug. "What's this for?" She asked, hugging me back. "For being the best mom in the world."