𝐒𝐈𝐗

⦿ ◎ ⦿

⦿ ◎ ⦿

"My mom's book club usually has more wine."
Lydia said as we all sat around the coffee table at Scott and I's, looking at all the prints of the book. "Well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations..." Stiles said, "That's why Malia's here." Scott said. "So none of us go running into traffic?" Kira asked, and I nodded and shrugged slightly, "Or worse." I said, and Malia nodded. "Like what happened to Judy." She said, making everyone look at her confused, "Chapter fourteen."

"Maybe I should have my mother read it. She might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone." Lydia said as she picked up the book, and Rosalie chuckled and nodded, "Yeah if it works." She said, and Lydia sighed softly. "It has to." Lydia said, making us look at her confused, "What does that mean?"

"I think I saw them during my surgery. When I look at the cover of the book, it's almost like..." Lydia said before trailing off slightly, "A memory trying to surface." Theo said, making us all look at him while Lydia nodded. "Yeah."

"Isn't that what Valack wanted when he wrote it?" Kira asked, and we all nodded, "If they did something to me, I want to know what it is." Lydia said, and I sighed before picking up one of the copies. "I swear if this book makes me get hit by a car," I said, making Rami chuckle beside me as he picked up a copy.

A little while later, Scott and Kira sat on the couch, and Lydia and Theo sat on a couple of armchairs across from them. Rami and I sat on another chair with my legs on his lap. "Anyone feel anything yet?" Scott asked as he glanced up at everyone, "Bored." I said as I turned a page "Tired." Kira sighed, "Hungry." Lydia said. "I think he meant the book," Theo said, and I nodded and raised my eyebrows. "Yeah, we know," I said, and he just held his hands up in defense.

Kira sighed softly before marking the page she was on and leaning back with her eyes closed.
"You're not giving up, are you?" Scott asked, and Kira sighed, "I'm just resting my eyes." She said before looking at the lamp and turning it off.

A few hours later, everyone but Theo and I had fallen asleep while reading the novel; Lydia slept on the armchair, Stiles sat on the floor with his head resting on a pillow placed on Malia's legs as she lay scrunched up in the fetal position her hood up over her face and her head on my lap. I had my back against Rami's chest as his arms wrapped around me, and Rosalie was lying with her head on Rami's legs. My eyes slowly closed, and I succumbed to darkness.

🧬

"What if we need some kind of trigger? Wasn't Malia driving when she remembered the crash?" Scott asked as he, Stiles, Kira, and I walked into the school. "Yeah, but how are we supposed to trigger a memory that we don't remember?" Stiles asked, and I shrugged, "Maybe it's a delayed thing? Like you have to wait a few hours to see what happens." I suggested.