𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

⦿ ◎ ⦿

⦿ ◎ ⦿

"So you want me to meet your mom today after school?" I ask Rami as we walk down the hallway at school. He smiles at me and nods, "Yeah, after Rose met you the other day, she hasn't shut up about you to our mom. Mom's the one who told me to bring you over." He told me. "But what if she doesn't like me?"

He chuckles, "Vienna, she's gonna love you. My mom is a very sweet woman. She rarely gets angry. Well, unless her family is in trouble, then she can be quite scary." I gave him a look, and he laughed. "Relax, okay. It's gonna be fine." I let out a breath. "Fine. But I can't be there for long. I have work today."

"That's fine. Mom just wants to meet you and learn a little about you." Rami tells me, and I nod with a smile. "Okay. Just for you to know, my mom wants to meet you too." I say to him as we stop next to a classroom. "Wait, you're mom knows?" Rami asked me, and I nodded. "Yeah, she found out accidentally when Scott and I were fighting a giant lizard."

Rami's brow furrowed in confusion, and I shook my head. "That's a story for another time. Don't worry about it now." I tell him, waving it off. "I guess I have much to learn about what you've been through the last year." Rami says, and I chuckle, nodding. "That's for sure."

Just then, out of the corner of my eye, I see a figure exit a classroom. I turn and see Derek walking away from us. I raised my eyebrows, "Derek?" I call out to him, and he turns around. "What are you doing here?" I ask him, and he walks toward Rami and me. "Talking to the teacher from the other night." He says.

"Please don't tell me you threatened my teacher Derek?" I ask him, and he laughs, shaking his head. "I didn't threaten her, Vienna. Relax, I was just checking on her." He tells me. I gave him a look, "Really?" He nods. "Okay, I'm believing you in this." I say, and he chuckles. Then I see him eye Rami. He nods to Rami looking back to me, "Who's he?"

"This is Rami Castillo." I tell Derek, and his eyes widen. "Rami, this is Derek Hale." I introduce Rami and Derek. "Hale. I thought all of the Hale family died in the fire." Rami said, confused. "Some of us survived the fire." Derek said, and Rami nodded. "Well, it's nice to meet you. Your family is pretty well known because of your mother, Talia."

Derek smiled, "Yeah, your one to talk. You're family is the only known family to have a mate every generation." He said, and Rami laughed and nodded. Then Derek looks between Rami and me then nods. "What?" I ask him, confused. "He's your mate, isn't he?" He asked, and I nodded, confirming. Derek nods, then looks Rami up and down.

"If you hurt her, I'll kill you." Derek says bluntly, surprising Rami and me. I shake my head in embarrassment while Rami lets out a nervous laugh. "I won't, I promise. Plus, we're taking this slow for now." He says, and I see Derek nod with a smile. "Good." He says. "I didn't know you had heart Derek Hale. Let alone a soft spot for me." I say, and he rolls his eyes before turning around and walking away. "I care about you too!" I yell at him, and I see him shake his head.