𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

⦿ ◎ ⦿

⦿ ◎ ⦿

Scott, Rami, Lydia, Derek, Parrish, and I all stood in the loft after Parrish was apparently set on fire and survived. "He covered you in gasoline?" Derek asked as he looked at Parrish's hands with a conflicted look, "It's the hair and nails, isn't it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead." Lydia said, looking over shoulder Scott's shoulder.

"They should be gone." I said, and Parrish looked at me crazy, "I was set on fire! All of me should be gone." Parrish said. "Not if you're like us." Scott said, making Parrish look at him confused, "Like you?" He asked. "I don't think he's like us." Derek said, shaking his head, and I raised my eyebrows, "Then what is he?" I asked, looking over at Derek, who shrugged and shook his head.

"Sorry, but I have no idea."

"But you knew about Jackson and Kira." Scott said, and Derek sighed, "This is a little out of my experience." He said, and Scott looked over at Rami. "Do you know?" Scott asked, and Rami shook his head. "I've never heard of a creature that could survive being set on fire."

"There might be something in the bestiary- did you try Argent?" Derek asked, and Scott sighed and shook his head, "I don't know where he is."

"Okay, hold on- what's a bestiary? Actually, that's not even my first question. Just... Just tell me one thing. Are all of you like Lydia?" Parrish asked, making us look at him confused, "Are you all psychic?" Parrish asked, making Derek look at him crazy while Rami and I glanced at each other in amusement. "Not exactly."

"Okay, then, what are you?" He asked, and we all looked at Scott and nodded. He closed his eyes briefly before opening them to reveal his ruby-red eyes.

💵

"What's a Kanima?" Parrish asked, sitting on the couch, making me chuckle and look at Scott. "We'll get back to that. Just know that everyone like us- everyone with some kind of supernatural ability, is on the Deadpool." Scott explained while sitting down on the arm of the couch.

"But I don't even know what I am." Parrish said, and I sighed, "I'm pretty sure they don't care." I said, making Parrish look over at me. "How many professional assassins are we talking about?" Parrish asked, and Lydia sighed, "We're starting to lose count."

"But is it still just professionals?" Scott asked, and Parrish slightly shook his head, "I don't think Haigh's ever tried anything like this. I think he was taking a chance." Parrish said, looking at each of them, making Rami sigh and cross his arms. "That means anyone with the Deadpool could take a chance." He said, glancing at all of them.