Chapter Forty Two - The Marauders and Their New Hope

Just after graduation the next morning (Dont yell at me i didn't want to type the whole thing out) all the Marauders boarded the express for the last time

Edith couldn't help but cry as she walked into their compartment they'd all sat in for the last seven years. Her and Lily knew it was because of the hormones. To everyone else she was just sad about leaving Hogwarts.

"So, plans everyone?" Sirius asked once the train began to move.

"We're looking for a house. Lils likes Godric's Hollow. Reg is against it because its gryffindor." James said, his arms snaking around Lily's waist as she was sat on his lap with Regulus next to the two.

Sirius and Peter were on the opposite seat, leaving Edith and Remus to cuddle on the floor.

"Of course I have a problem with it. I'm a Slytherin." Regulus defended.

"But you're screwing two gryffindors, Reg. And your engagement ring is gryffindor red." Edith commented from the floor, laying her head back on Remus' chest.

"Still does not make me a gryffindor."

Sirius snorted. "But you frequently have gryffindor in you." He wiggled his eyebrows.

Edith audibly gagged. "Ew i hated that! Please never say that again!" The group laughed, bar Regulus who just stared his brother down.

"You're moving into Lupin Cottage, right Goldeye?" Peter asked, looking down at Edith and Remus.

Edith smiled and nodded. "Mhmm. Didn't put all that work in it for nothing."

Remus also smiled, burying his face into her neck. He couldn't tell why but he was oddly more protective of her. He constantly wanted to be touching her and holding her. Moony would always howl in his head anytime he was away from his mate.

"I'm looking at apartments. Somewhere with a garage for my motorcycle. I plan on charming it to fly." Sirius added with a grin on his face. "How about you, Wormy?"

Peter shrugged. "I'm staying with my Grandmum for a bit. Someone needs to help take care of her cats."

"Aw, I want a cat." Lily said.

"You already have one. He frequently sleeps in your bed and fucks your boyfriend." Edith was the one to comment this time, earning a small kick from Regulus as she laughed.

"Is today just attack Regulus day?" Regulus groaned.

They all carried on conversation the entire ride, far too awake to think about sleeping through the ride.

Sirius ended up carving everyone's names into the wall of the compartment. Edith added a charm on it so it could never be repaired.

J.F.P + R.A.B + L.M.E
E.S.F + R.J.L
S.O.B
P.T.P
THE MARAUDERS COMPARTMENT