Chapter Thirty One - A Phoenix and The Minister

The couples kiss in that corridor during the party was short, but it meant the world to Remus

It meant there could be a chance for them.

Alas, it was summer and the Marauders were now all at home.

Remus was home alone, as Lyall had moved out. He had planned for Edith to move in with him that summer... but everything was different now.

He quite liked living alone. It gave him time to truly come to terms with what happened to Edith.

While Remus was at home, he and Edith wrote letters back and forth. It seemed the best way to keep in contact without actually talking. Albus had actually suggested it. That way Edith could get to know Remus once more without the fear of seeing his face.

A week of Summer had passed. Edith still never slept in her bed. She usually would occupy James' bed, but now that was left up to Regulus. So now she bunked with Sirius.

Her nightmares hadn't gotten better. She'd wake up screaming, but with no recollection of what she was dreaming about.

Edith was currently in the Potters backyard, punching a training dummy Fleamont had conjured. Edith still hadn't truly coped with her death. Even if she couldn't remember it, it still took a toll on her.

Her anger needed to be released. And the best way to do that was punching the hell out of something.

Wings on full display, she was punching the dummy with flaming fists. Eventually the dummy was burned so much it fell apart. "Dammit! Can't this shit be flame resistant?!" She turned and shouted at Fleamont.

"It's a training dummy. It's not meant to withstand Phoenix flames." Monty was sat on a lawn chair, his arms folded as he watched her demolish the dummy.

"So it's not wandless Incendio!" Sirius shouted as he made his way outside.

Edith's face went from rage to her laughing. "You're just now realizing this!" She held her stomach as fits of laughter took over her.

"I think the inbreeding has got to his brain." Regulus commented as he and James joined the group outside. They both looked a little....frumpy.

Sirius smacked Regulus' head at the comment. "You can't say anything, you're inbred too!"

Edith had to stop laughing to cover her nose. "You two couldn't even bother to shower! I don't need to smell my brother's leftover shag on my best friend!" Since reviving, Edith's senses had been heightened. Even more so with her animagus sense of smell.