Chapter Forty One - A Phoenix and The Impossible

June came faster than The Marauders had expected

June came faster than The Marauders had expected. O.W.Ls for the Seventh years had just passed, which meant some stress was relieved from their shoulders.

Edith still worried daily for her parent's and what would happen in most likely less than a month. She'd been getting sick the past few weeks. She'd ended up blaming it on the stress of exams and worrying for her parents.

The Marauders spent their final Full Moon in the shrieking shack together. Moony was being extremely protective over Goldeye. Goldeye scolded him when he tried to snap at Padfoot. He listened obediently to his mate, and spent most of the moon running around the shack with his furry friends.

Once everyone else had fallen asleep, Goldeye transformed back into Edith and sat with Moony's head in her lap. The wolf nuzzled into her stomach contently. She ran her fingers through his fur just as she did in January. "What's with you and rubbing all over me huh?" She whispered out a small giggle.

"Pup.. Pack." Moony's voice said in her head.

She rolled her eyes. "You know that won't be for a while now, love. I'm just sick from stress."

Moony lifted his head just a tad, staring into her eyes with a knowing gaze. "Mate. Pup." He repeated.

She looked back at him. It took her a few minutes to actually put the pieces together. She's been throwing up. She's been a bit more tired than usual. And the most important factor she's missed from focusing on exams,

She hadn't gotten her period in two months.

"Oh fuck."

~~

The sun had risen and Moony was Remus again, she made sure he was properly patched up. Regulus was the first awake, sitting up in between Lily and James as he rubbed his arms. "Really should have gotten some more comfortable mattresses in here.."

Edith stood up, "Crooks, i'm gonna go talk to Minnie. Can you make sure Rem gets to Pomfreys?" She looked at her friend, a state of shock still lingering in her eyes.

Regulus tilted his head. "Of course. Is everything okay?"

She quickly nodded. "Yeah..! Min is just expecting me... for tea. Yup. Can't keep her waiting." She made her way out of the shack before Regulus could even respond.

Edith quite literally ran to Minerva's classroom. Luckily classes hadn't started just yet so the classroom would be empty.

There was no way she was....
The lab had to have screwed up her system so much she couldn't...
Fuck.

She busted into Minerva's classroom, causing the older woman to jump slightly at her desk. "Minnie! We have an issue."

"Merlin! Edith, a bit of a warning next time, please." Minerva set a hand to her chest to calm her heartbeat. "What is your issue? Shouldn't you be with Lupin?"