Chapter Fourteen - A Phoenix and Duckman

When July came around, Severus spent more and more time at Potter Manor

When July came around, Severus spent more and more time at Potter Manor. Even Lily on occasion as well, though only during times James was out of the house.

Monty and Mia grew quite fond of Severus. He was the perfect gentleman, unlike anything James and Sirius had told them. Sure, he was a bit emotionally cut off. But he was a Slytherin and they tended to do a good job at hiding their emotions.

Especially a Slytherin that was hiding the fact that he was a Death Eater in a house of three Order members.

Severus had also discovered Edith was an animagus. Now that story was comical.

Monty and Edith were seeing who could make it across Mia's gardens and back in record time. They were both a healthy amount intoxicated, though Mia scolded them for drinking. They were both dashing across the garden and when they got back Edith looked up at Severus's wide eyes in confusion.

"Oh Edith.." Lily said, hiding a laugh behind her hand at the sight of Severus' shocked face.

"I think I'm losing it. You all see a lion too right?" Severus said, his eyes never leaving his fake-girlfriend.

"Edith, dear. Your Goldeye." Mia sighed.

Edith hadn't even realized it. Halfway through running she realized she was losing to Fleamont. So, in her drunkenness, she transformed into Goldeye.

Now realizing she quickly shifted back into Edith. "Is it too late to obliviate him..?" Edith looked at her Mum with an 'oops' face.

Fleamont appeared next to her, hunching over and panting. "Bloody...lion.. Too ruddy fast! Not fair! Rematch!" He said in between trying to catch his breath.

"Oi! I won! You never said anything against using Goldeye!" Edith put her hands on her hips.

"You're an animagus then?" Severus asked.

Edith sighed and looked back to Severus. "Yeah... Have been since last September. Never thought why we had our names? Come on, love. I thought you were smart." Edith softly giggled as she made her way up to Severus. "Do I get a prize for winning?" Merlin, she was a good actress. Though it was easy to act like a perfectly smitten girlfriend with Severus. She found it quite entertaining.

Fleamont, who was now laid back on the grass still recouping from running drunk, attempted to sit up and scold the pair. "Oi!"

Euphemia flicked her wrist and cast a wandless, "Muffliato," on Fleamont. All they could see was his mouth moving and complaining.

"If you so wish." Severus leaned down and gave her a small soft kiss on her lips.

Edith smiled as she pulled away. "How's it feel to know your girlfriend is more powerful than you?"

"Now who said you were more powerful than me?" Severus scoffed and raised an eyebrow at her.

"Oh really? Do you have the ability to turn into a lioness with the bite power of 650 pounds? I think not." Edith said, holding a hand up to receive a high five from Lily.