Chapter Thirty Nine - A Phoenix and The Wolf Moon

Seventh Year is going to fly by in the next two or three chapters

Christmas break came quick.

Lily and Peter spent all of their Christmas break at Potter Manor. James even specially configured his bed so him, Lily, and Regulus could all fit. Regulus had his own room in the Manor, as did all of the Potter siblings' friends. But like Edith, Regulus suffered from night terrors.

He'd dream thinking he was back at Grimmauld place. To his horror, he was a faithful death eater. Killing without a second thought. To help with this, any time he was at Potter Manor he'd be in James' room.

Monty didn't like his son's boyfriend sleeping in his room at first but eventually Mia convinced him it was fine. They were adults after all.

Now Edith had begun staying at Lupin Cottage almost full time. They already knew that after they graduated she'd move in with him. Monty did try to argue that she wasn't old enough. But with Edith being 18 on the 21st of December, she'd already been a legal wizarding adult for a year. She was stubborn and really didn't give her parents a choice.

Remus and Edith had been working on fixing up the old cottage. It was in a state of disrepair for years now. They never had enough money to fix it. Hope left everything she had, even if it wasn't a lot, to Remus. Add on Edith's fortune and they were able to fully redo the cottage in no time.

It took quite a bit of convincing Remus on Edith's part to let her use her family's money. She had to remind him multiple times that now he was family. The two were basically 'married' in the laws of wolves. The mate mark was the equivalent of a wedding ring to werewolves.

This morning, Christmas morning, Edith woke to the sun shining in her eyes. She buried her head in Remus' bare chest as she tried to hide from the light. Her eyes slowly adjusted just enough for her to be able to lift her head up.

She peered up at her mate's face. He was still peacefully asleep, lips parted just slightly. She usually woke up before him. She liked it, it gave her time to just admire his beautifully scarred face.

She wrapped her nude body closer to him as she propped her chin on his chest. Her wings fluttered out behind her. They'd been out since last night, she was surprised they hadn't disappeared in her sleep. She liked to let her wings out as often as possible now. They were a comfort to her. She felt free.

Remus slowly stirred awake at the feel of her tracing her light fingertips over one of the biggest scars on his face. His sleepy eyes met her sweet smile and he just huffed out a small laugh. "Didn't anyone tell you it's rude to stare?" He pulled up a hand that wasn't wrapped around her lower back to caress her hand on his cheek.

"Many people. But you're just too pretty not to stare." She continued to trace over his scars. She knew he hated them, but she found them unbelievably beautiful. Evidence of everything he'd survived over the years of transformations.