XLIV

You and Din continue down what seems to be an alley way, following various mandalorian markings on the walls. Din's arm wrapped around your shoulder as he limped, trying his best not to put too much weight on you.

He comes to a stop at a door, presses a few buttons and it slides open. You both walk in slowly, looking down. A ladder. You turn as Din immediately steps ahead of you to go down first.

You tilt your head getting an uneasy feeling watching him struggle to climb down. After one too many slip ups you two finally reach the bottom of the ladder and look ahead to see a figure kneeling.

Din suddenly quickens his pace, walking faster, stumbling down the stairs. You sigh and quickly run over to him.

"Tend to him."

You look up from kneeling next to Din, to see the armorer turning to look at you. You grab Din's arms and help him up.
"He's alright." you turn your head to see another mandalorian walking over. Paz Vizsla.

"What weapon caused such a wound?" The armorer asks, still kneeling the opposite direction.

As Din regains his balance he reaches at his waist, pulling the dark saber from his belt and holding it out in front of him.
"This."

"Paz Vizsla, bring it to me."

Vizsla reaches out to take it from Din's hand until you put yours on top of it. You shoot Din a glare then look back to Vizsla.
"Why should he just give it up?"

Vizsla looks over to the armorer, who stands and slowly walks over. She looks between the three then down at the saber.
"He will not be giving it up."

You stare at the armorer for a moment, then sigh, slowly removing your hand from the hilt. She nods, carefully taking it from Din's hand and taking a step back.

"What do you know of this blade?" She ignites the dark saber, tilting her head. You watch as she raises it out in front of her.

"I am told it is the Darksaber." Din says also watching.

"Indeed. Do you understand its significance?"

"Whoever wields it can lead all of Mandalore."

"If it is won by creed in battle."

You roll your eyes under your helmet. The creed. All these mandalorians would ever talk about. You listen to her explain the stories and ideas behind the saber as she walks back towards you.

"The hilt is of a quality of beaker I have never seen before." Din says

"It was forged over one thousand years ago by the Mandalore Tarr Vizsla. He was both mandalorian and Jedi."

"We have met Jedi." Din says, briefly looking to you at his side.

"Then you have completed your quest?"

"I have."

"Then you may join our covert as we rebuild."
The three all take their turns saying "This is the way" as you stand and watch silently.

You turn to Din as he is handed back the darksaber. He turns to look at you as he hangs the hilt from his belt.

"A word?" You ask, tilting your head. He gives a nod and the two of you walk back up the stairs to find a space away from the others.
"Joining the covert? Are you serious?"

"What?" He tilts his head.

"You've been living free of their rules for a while now. With me. And now you want to join them again just like that?" You cross your arms waiting for an explanation.

"It's important to have a covert. A place to go if we need it. Have some allies, cause we sure could use some."

"Din.." you shake your head "this creed they..you may follow isn't something I want to do. It's not the life I want, and it's certainly not the life I thought you wanted anymore."

"We no longer have to run. We no longer have the child with us. We can be safe and stay in one place. That's what this covert can be for us." Din says trying to reason with you.

"I will not follow this creed." You stare up at Din in silence, waiting for a response. He sighs and stares down at you. You scoff "Alright. Once you're done here..you know where to find me."

You turn and walk away, leaving Din watching you go. He sighs and looks back where the armorer and Paz Vizsla were standing, then back at you climbing up the ladder.

-

Staring at the ceiling, you lay back on your bed, clearing your mind. Once you had gotten back you took off all your armor and cleaned yourself up a bit.

You knew Din would be back at some point, you just weren't sure when. How serious was he taking this covert? He was a part of one for who knows how long before it was destroyed.

But you thought that he was done with that life after meeting the others. Meeting Bo Katan. After taking off his helmet whenever he was around you.

You were his safe space.

And you both knew that, so why would he ever give that up? He wouldn't.

You sigh, sitting up in the bed, rubbing your eyes. You had been lying there a while after getting cleaned up and were starting to wonder when Din would be back.

Just as you stand from the bed, the door slides open and Din comes walking inside.
"You're back." you stand, crossing your arms.

He stays silent, walking into the room. You tilt your head waiting for a response. Instead, Din walks past you further into the room. You turn to face him.

"Seriously-" Din turns, helmet off, embracing you for a hug. You take a second to process, then slowly wrap your arms around him and close your eyes.

You could feel the cold armor against your cheek and he held you for a moment. Once he backs away, he looks down at you with a soft smile.

"No covert?" You ask. He's silent.

"We need to go to Mandalore." He walks over to grab his helmet.

"I'm sorry what?" You shake your head thinking you heard him wrong.
"Mandalore." He nods, putting his helmet back on.

"Why?" You watch as he slowly gathers some of your armor for you.

"So I can be forgiven through the creed." He hands you a couple pieces to start putting back on.

"You're kidding. Din I thought you were done with this." You take the armor from him and start putting it on. "You don't want to be free of these rules?"

"I need to be accepted into the covert."

"You're sounding like a droid." you sigh rolling your eyes. "Listen," you walk over to him, grabbing the sides of his face to make him look at you. "I'm going with you only because I love you."

He smiles looking down at you. "I love you too."

You give a half smile and he pulls you in for a kiss before you both put your helmets back on.
"I guess that settles it."

"To Mandalore."

A/N:

Okay guys heyyyy it's been a whileee i know. but I'm back! still won't be on a consistent posting schedule but im trying my best to get some writing done i promise!

this chapter is short yet again but i was trying to get something done for you guys since its been so long.

also guys- 119k??? that's insane

thank you all so much