XL

Din walks in and salutes the men, then walks to the terminal. You watch as he presses the controls and it tries to scan his face.The machine begins to count down, loudly. You watch as Din lifts up his helmet and scans his face again. You turn to Mayfeld and he looks at you then stares in at him. Din puts in the data stick and starts loading in the coordinates. You watch as Hess gets up and walks over to Din. Mayfeld notices too and sighs. You watch as Din tries to talk his way out of it but hesitates.

"What now?" you turn to Mayfeld

"I got it."

He walks in and over to Din.

"This is my commanding officer, TK-593 sir, and this is TK-421," he motions to you "I'm Imperial Combat Assault Transport Lieutenant TK-111, sir. I'm afraid you'll have to talk up to him a little bit since his vessel lost pressure in Taanab."

You look at Din and notice how uneasy he looked. He looked nervous, and out of place. Hess stares at Din, then speaks up.

"What's your name, officer?"

"We just call him Brown eyes. Isn't that right Officer?" Mayfeld turns to Din

Din slightly nods and looks back at Hess. You look at Mayfeld and tilt your head, gesturing to get out. He nods then turns to Din.

"Let's go fill out those TPS reports, so we can go recharge the power coils."

Mayfeld says and the three of you start waking away. Your stopped by Hess.

"You're not dismissed.."

You all slowly turn back around and he stares at you for a moment, then speaks up again.

"You the rank troopers that delivered the shipment of rhydonium?"

"Yes sir." Mayfeld quickly responds

"Yes..sir." Din says following after

Hess glares at you.

"You're not much of a talker."

"Oh um, she's new. A bit nervous that's all." Mayfeld says for you

"She?" Hess turns to Mayfeld

He gulps "Yes, they're beginning to train some female troops, she was with us today, for..practice."

"I see..trooper take off ya helmet. I like to see who I'm speaking to."

You nod slightly and slowly pull it up, and off. You look up at Hess and he stares you down.

"Well, you three..managed to be the only transport today to deliver their shipment." he places his hands up, one on Din's shoulder and the other on Mayfeld's "Come with me hmm? Let's get a drink...Brown eyes.."

He walks past you and sits back down at his table. The three of you exchange looks before walking over and taking a seat next to and across from him.

"So, what shall we toast to boys?" Hess asks taking out some glasses "I can blather on about 'to health' or 'to success' but," he starts pouring the drinks "but I'd like go do something a little less rote. Where you from brown eyes?"

Din stays quiet for a moment, thinking. He took in a breaths he gets ready to speak when Mayfeld cuts him off.

"How bout a toast to Operation Cinder?"

Hess stares then nods "Now there's a man who knows his history." he looks a Din with a slight smirk

"No, I don't just know it. I lived it."

You and Din both turn to Mayfeld, as Hess looked intrigued. You discretely shake your head but he ignores you.

"I was in Burnin Konn."