XI

You watch as the farmers try to hit the pans hanging. Most miss, except Omera. Why am I not surprised.

"Good." Mando gives her a nod

"Alright." you speak up "Some of you are missing because of how delicately you're holding the blaster. Be confident.." You walk in front of their grabbing your own "Hold on tight," you grip it "keep your arms out a bit, and firm." you set it down and walk to the beginning of the line "If i can pull your blaster down with one hand it's not strong enough."

You begin walking down the line, pushing the blasters. Most have imported their stances and grips, while a few still weak. You help them adjust and try again until it's good. You nod.

"Better. Spread your legs like this." you adjust your feet on the ground. You pick up your blaster from the ground and hold it out in front of you. You look at Mando and he gives you a nod.

"Watch." you shoot the pan that's in front of you multiple times causing it to spin on the string. You put it back into your holster and turn around to see the farmers adjusting their stance to match yours. You smile. "Good."

-

After a long day of training, the sun starts to set as the sky got dark. It was almost time. The farmers were the best they were gonna get in one day of training.

"The sun's about to set, we'll be leaving soon. When we return were coming in hot. This is why Rhia is staying here to help." Mando says gesturing to you.

"We'll be ready." Omera nods

Cara nods turning around and walking away. Mando turns starting to walk but you grab his arm, stopping him. He turns his head and looks down at you.

"Be careful."

He nods slowly "I will."

You let go of his arm letting out a sigh as he walks away. You grab your helmet and put it on, turning back to the farmers.

"Alright everybody." you say loudly "Listen up."

You direct everyone to their positions, watching the forest from behind the blockade. You held a blaster in each hand, down by your sides. Everyone else was crouched down behind the blockade with their weapon of choice, waiting. You sigh as you wait anxiously. You hear and feel your heartbeat get faster and faster the longer you wait.

"The children are hidden?" you ask once again to be sure

"Yes." Omera nods

"Good." you begin pacing back and forth.

You hear yelling from the forest and sharply turn to see Cara and Mando running out from the trees. You crouch down quickly with the others as they run in and slide next to you.

"Ready?" Mando asks

"Ready."

"This is it! Once that thing steps in the pond it's going down!" Cara yells "Weapons ready!"

The AT-ST stomps through the forest, slowly creeping through the trees. You let out a shaky breath. It had been years since you've seen one of those. The only difference, you were on the other side.

"Just a few more steps.." Mando says

The AT-ST starts to take a step into the pond but stops.

"What the hell?" you mumble

"It stopped." Cara says in shock

a bright light flashes from the machine and you squint your eyes quickly looking away.

"Get down!" Mando yells

It shoots one of the huts behind you and some of the farmers scream.

"Everyone stay calm and be quiet!" you yell

"Open fire!" Cara yells

Everyone straightens up a bit and starts shooting at the men and AT-ST.

"How are we gonna get it close enough?" you ask turning to Mando

"I don't know.." he says

"I'm thinking.. new plan!" Cara says "Give me the pulse rifle."

"I'll cover you." Mando says handing it over

"I'm going with her." you pat his shoulder and quickly follow her out past the blockade

"Wait-" he sighs

You and Cara run down to the pond and sit in it, hiding from the AT-ST. Cara shoots it and it moves forward, just not into the pond.

"Come on" you groan

The farmers start fighting the raiders on their own while Mando watches the two of you. The AT-ST shoots at you but just barely misses.

"I've got an idea." you stand

"What're you doing? It's gonna see you." Cara says

You stand up in front of it, staring up. It turns towards you and begins to shoot. You run towards it and jump to the leg, climbing up.

"What the hell is she doing?" Mando yells to Cara and she shrugs

You climb to the top and stand up, almost getting thrown off. "Cara!" you yell and point at the rifle. You hold out your arm and she tosses it to you with a nod.

"Rhia get off there!" Mando yells

"I'm doing this!" you yell back. You catch the rifle and shoot at the crease of the leg. The leg stops moving and you look back at Cara. "The window!"

Cara takes her blaster and shoots the window of the cockpit. Mando comes running over with a charge in his hand. "Get off now!" he yells

The AT-ST starts falling over and Mando throws his charge into the cockpit as you jump off. The charge explodes and you cover your eyes with your arm, shielding the light. The raiders run back into the forest and you hear the farmers cheer. You let out a deep breath and lay on your back. Cara and Mando quickly run over to you.

"You alright?" Mando asks

"I think so."

Mando lifts your helmet and places it onto the ground next to you. You had a slight cut on your head but it wasn't bad. He stands helping you up and Cara helps.

"Ah maybe not." you wince as pressure is put on your right leg.

"I got you." Mando wraps your arm around his neck and shoulder, putting his free hand on your back. "Let's get you to the hut."