XXIX

You suddenly get woken up by a loud beeping coming from the cockpit. You quickly sit up and notice Din had already gotten out of bed and was beginning to put his armor back on. You follow him quickly and run up to the cockpit.

When you get up, you notice the woman was asleep. Din sits in his chair and you stand behind him. You hear a man call over the radio.

"Razor crest, M-one-eleven. Come in Razor crest. Do you copy?" he asks

You look out the widows on the side and notice a couple of x-wings on either side of the ship.

"This is Razor Crest. Is there a problem?" Din replies

"We noticed your transponder is not emitting."

"Yes, i'm pre-empire surplus. I'm not required to run a beacon." he flips some controls

"That was before. This sector is under New Republic jurisdiction. All craft are required to run a beacon."

Din turns his head to you and back to the window. "Thank you for letting me know. I'll get right on it."

"Not a problem. Safe travels."

"May the force be with you." Din says and you try to hold in a laugh

"And also with you."

You stare out the window, waiting for the x-wings to leave when they radio again.

"Just one more thing."

"Yes?" Din asks

"I'm gonna need you to send us a ping. We're out here sweeping for Imperial holdouts."

"I'll let you know if I see any."

"I'm still gonna need you to send us that ping."

Din tries to stall "Well, i'm not sure I have that hardware online."

"We can wait."

You let out a sigh trying to think of something to do to get them off your tail.

Din thinks for a moment "Yeah..it doesn't seem to be working."

"That's too bad. If we can't confirm you're not imperial, you're gonna have to follow us to the outpost at Adelphi. They'll run your tabs."

"Oh wait there it is. Transmitting now."

The woman suddenly wakes up and gasps, loudly. You turn to her and whisper "Be quiet!"

"Whats that?" they ask over radio

"Uh, nothing. The hypervac is drawing off the exhaust manifold."

You hear the two men talk over radio and look out the window. Their wings open up, fully to an x wing. They ask another question that you can't make out because a second after Din violently pushes down on the controls, making the ship fly down quickly. You fall back into your seat and the woman next to you screams. Din flies down the the planet below and starts maneuvering through the clouds.

"Razor crest stand down. We will fire. I repeat, we will fire."

"Din.." you say quietly but loud enough for him to hear

"Don't worry about it." he says to you

Hw flies around a cloud getting out of sight of the x-wings. He stops and then pulls down and back on a lever causing the ship to fall backwards. You lean back, holding onto the seat and the woman screams again. Din flies into a crack in the large icy plains in the canyon and flies between, dodging things as you went.

"Come on Razor Crest, don't make us do it."

You pull yourself up and grab onto Din's chair "What are you doing?" you look out the window

"Getting us out of this." he turns sharply around the corner, hitting the bottom of the ship.

You were now in a smaller space, barley making it through while scraping the sides. You land and slide while spinning. You finally come to a stop and you let out a breath you were holding. Din starts checking controls, starting to relax when the ice underneath the ship cracks and collapses. The ship falls through and hits the ground in a dark cave.

Once you finally get up and push yourself off the ground and look out the window. Your head had a pulse and your ribs were sore again. Great. Din wakes up, lifting his head from the controls and immediately checks on everything. The frog woman grunts, still laying in the corner. You walk over with a slight limp and help her up while Din stands from his chair. The woman starts speaking and Din opens the door to the cockpit.

"I'll find your eggs don't worry." He walks down.

"Stay up here. I'm going to get you some blankets."  you pat her shoulder and follow him down

When you hop down, you see the side of the ship ripped open and cool air and snow blowing in.

"Damn it." Din says and starts looking around

He opens the door to where the child would sleep but he wasn't there

"Where are you?" he asks looking around

"He can't be far." you say joining him

You step over boxes that were thrown all over the ground. You hear the child cooing and lift a box.

"No!" you see the child trying to get into the eggs, and close the container. "Din, he's over here."

He walks over and picks up the eggs. "I told you not to do that."

You hear the woman call from the cockpit and you yell so she can hear "Don't worry, we found them." 

You walk over and open a compartment and grab some blankets. You tell the woman to come down the ladder. Once she does, you hand her a blanket and help Din cover the holes the best you could.

"If you hadn't guessed, were in a tight spot." Din tells her "The main power drive is not responding, and the hull has lost its integrity. I suspect the temperature will drop significantly when night falls."

You sat by the child and gave him a tray of food after handing one to the woman. You pat him on the head as he looks up at Din. Din takes a seat next to you.

"I'll have a better idea of our prospects at that time."

The woman tries to tell him something but neither of you understand. She points to the monitor on the side of the container.

"I'm sorry lady. I don't understand frog." Din says shaking his head "Whatever it is it can wait until morning."

"Get some sleep." you suggest, picking up the child.

The woman wraps her blanket partially around her eggs and begins to fall asleep.

You curl up next to Din and put the child in between the two of you, on Din's cape. He wraps his arm around you and you lean your head against his shoulder drifting off to sleep.