VI

You follow the mandalorian down into the tunnels once again, finding yourself wandering to the armorer. Mando takes the camtono of Beskar and places it onto the table, open, as he takes a seat.

You take a seat next to him slowly, watching as the armorer steps forward.

"This amount can be shaped in many ways." she says

"My- our armor has lost it's integrity." mando says

"I can tell." she hesitates "I can form a full curiass for you both. This would be in order for your situation."

You nod and watch as she looks up from the Beskar.

"I must warn you. It will draw many eyes."

Three mandalorians enter the room behind you. One walks over and lifts and ingot off the table.

"These were cast in an imperial smelter. These are spoils of the great purge." he says and you turn your head "The reason we are hidden like sand rats."

He tosses the ingot onto the table and you tilt your head.

"Our secrecy is our survival. Our survival is our strength." the armorer says, collecting the beskar.

"Our strength was once in numbers. Now we live in the shadows and only come above ground one at a time. Our world was shattered by the Empire, with whom this coward shares tables."

You quickly turn your head. The Empire. You shake the thought out of your head and look at the armorer once again.

The mandalorian that entered reaches out towards Mando's head and grabs his helmet. Before Mando had a chance, you reach out and grab the mandalorian's arm and stand up. You twist his arm and kick his legs in, causing him to fall onto the ground. You punch his helmet, then shake your hand. It ready hurt your knuckles. He took that as an opportunity and reaches for your waist.

Mando stands, pushing your out of the way, grabbing the other's arm. They fight some more until you pick yourself up from the ground. When they finally come to a stop, they have their knives at each others necks.

"The Empire is no longer." the armorer stands "When one chooses to walk the way of the Mandalore you are both hunter and prey. How can one be a coward if one chooses this way of life? Have you ever removed your helmet?"

"No." Mando says

"Has it ever been removed by others?"

"Never."

You turn and look at Mando. So that's what's different about these guys...

"This is the way." the armorer says

"This is the way." Everyone says in unison

Mando relaxes lowering his knife.

"What causes this damage?" the armorer asks

"A mudhorn." you say, taking a seat once again

"Then you have both earned the mudhorn as your signet. I shall craft it."

"I cant accept." Mando says sitting down. "It wasn't a noble kill. We were.. helped by an enemy."

"Why would an enemy help you in battle?"

"It..didn't know." you say

"Didn't know?"

"It didn't know it was our enemy." Mando replies

The armor pauses "I shall use the excess to forge you both whistling birds."

-

You head out from the tunnels back into town. Mando was leading you back to the cantina. The armorer had crafted you matching armor that was a metallic grey.

As you walk down the road, Mando places his hand gently on your lower back, guiding you. You had decided to stay together for now, or at least until you got another bounty.

When you walk into the cantina you see Greef sitting in the same booth as always.

"Mando! Mandos?" he chuckles "They all hate you guys, because you're legends."

"How many of them had tracking fobs?" Mando asks as you slide into the booth

"All of them." Greef scoffs "All of them!"

You sigh and some yourself out. You didn't want to listen to him brag anymore. Every time someone in the guild did something good, he took it as his accomplishment.

"We want our next job." Mando says

"Your next job?" Greef points between both of you

"Jobs. Our next jobs." you say

"Sure." he nods taking out a few pucks "These are all far away.."

"The further the better." Mando says taking a look

"I want something quick. I don't have time for games." you sigh

"Well might I suggest..." Greef says pointing at the puck Mando picked up "that one."

"Working together again huh?" Mando says

"Don't get used to it." you scoff

"I think you guys make a good team." Greef smiles

You leave the cantina before Mando. He had some 'business' to talk to Greef about. When he comes back out you watch as he starts to walk down the road.

"What was that about?" you ask

"Nothing." He keeps walking

"Nothing." you mumble mockingly

Once you reach the crest, you walk inside. It was odd. It felt empty without the child. Sure, he had only been there for a few days, but he was part of this.

You sigh and take a seat while Mando starts up the crest. You sit quietly and watch Mando reach for the small lever. Yet, the small
metal ball wasn't on it. He sighs and lowers his hand. He stands up from his seat and you stand up slowly after.

"What's going on?"

"We're going to get him back." Mando says climbing down the ladder

You quietly celebrate to yourself then follow him out of the ship. Here we go.