XXXVII

It was now night. The large moon shone bright light through the trees. Ahsoka sat with the child while you and Din stayed back. Din was pacing back and fourth. You watch as Ahsoka stands, picking up the child. She walks over and sits down by you and Din. She sets her lantern down and Din stares.

"Is he speaking. Do you..understand him?" Din asks

"In a way." Ahsoka says with a nod "Grogu and I can feel each other's thoughts."

"Grogu?" you and Din say in unison and the child perks up

"Yes." Ahsoka says "Thats his name."

"Grogu." Din says his name as if it was a test.

The child, once again looks up at him. You slide off your helmet smile.

"He was raised at the jedi temple on Coruscant. Many masters trained him over the years.At the end of the Clone Wars, when the Empire rose to power, he was hidden."

You and Din take a seat.

"Someone took him from the temple. Then his memory becomes..dark. He seemed lost. Alone. I've only known one other being like this. A wise jedi master named Yoda."

She looks up at you and Din.

"Can he still wield the force?" she asks

"You mean his powers?" Din asks

"The force is what gives him his powers." she nods "It is an energy field created by all living things. To wield it takes a great deal of training and discipline."

"I've seen him do things I can't explain." Din says and you nod looking at Ahsoka. "Our task, was to bring him to a jedi."

"The jedi order fell a long time ago."

"So did the empire. Yet it still hunts him." You cut in looking at the ground

"He needs your help." Din says

Ahsoka turns away from Din with a sigh. She looks down at the child and sees him sleeping.

"Let him sleep. I'll test him in the morning."

-

The next day, Ahsoka led you to a small open spot in the forest. She stopped by some rocks and looked around. She turns to the child.

"Let's see what knowledge is lurking inside thag littke mind."

The child coos and she walks back as Din places him onto a rock. She picks up a small stone and holds it in her hand, looking at him. She reaches out her hand and opens it, with the stone laying on her palm. She slowly lifts it into the air and pushes it to Grogu. When it reaches him, he catches it and coos.

"Now return the stone to me Grogu."

He stares up at her with the stone in his hand.

"He doesn't understand." Din says

"He does." Ahsoka replies holding her arm out "It's okay. The stone Grogu."

He stares for a moment then drops the stone onto the ground. Din sighs and you shake your head. Ahsoka walks back over and picks the stone up in one hand. She takes Grogu's hand in the other and looks at him.

"I sense much fear in you." She stands and walks back. "He's hidden his abilities to survive over the years. Let's try sone thing else. Come over here."

Grogu stares up at Din and he gives a gesture to go to her. You look at Ahsoka as she turns to Din.

"He's stubborn." Din says