VII

You follow Mando back into town, trying your best not to look suspicious. Which was actually pretty hard. You never knew what to do with your hands. Even when walking. This just made it worse.

You check your belt a few times, making sure you have your blasters ready if needed.

You and Mando both check your surroundings before walking towards the same door you once had before. You notice the child's capsule laying, crushed on the ground off to the side. You point it out to Mando and he nods.

"Wait here."

You push yourself up against a wall as Mando walks to the door and knocks. The eye pokes out of the wall once again and Mando grabs it, snapping it in half. He quickly runs back to you and hides behind a wall.

Two stormtroopers walk out of the doors and look around. "Check the perimeter."

"Come on." Mando whispers and he blasts through the wall of the building.

"So much for being quiet." you scoff

You step in and see the doctor crouched to the ground, covering his head. "No no no please no."

Mando shoots a droid then yells "What did you do to it?"

"I protected him! If it wasn't for me he would already be dead." he covers his eyes

Mando quickly grabs the child and you both continue to run through. As you run across the next room you hear a voice shout "Hey!" The shoot and it bounces off your shoulder armor.

Mando quickly pulls you out of the room and into the one where you had previously met the client.

"Shit." you mumble as more troopers begin to fill the room, blasters all aimed at you.

"Freeze drop the blasters!" one yells

"Hands up!"

"Wait. Wait! What i'm holding is very valuable." Mando begins to bend down to place the child onto the ground.

You copy, bending down to lower your blasters on the ground. Mando quickly engages his whistling birds, which fly out and hit all the troopers.

"Let's go." he grabs your arm

You grab your blasters and find out of the building. You have to try and calm yourself down, again, as you walk through the town heading towards the ship. You look around to see civilians beginning to turn their heads as you walk.

"They're gonna know." you whispers becoming nervous

Mando grabs your wrist "It's fine."

You look at him and shift your hand down, and lock your hand with his. Your mind fills with instant regret. Why would you do that? Maker this is awkward. He probably thinks this is so weird now. You sigh.

You glance over your shoulder and see people aiming blasters at you. "They know."

"Just keep walking." Mando insists

You look ahead and see Greef step out placing his hands on his hips "Welcome back you two! Now put the package down."

"Step aside." Mando says

"We're heading to our ship." you say

"Our ship?" Mando questions

"Oh shut up just go with it." you whisper

"Put the bounty down, and perhaps then i'll let you pass." Greef says

"The kid's coming with us." Mando says squeezing your hand tighter and grilling the child.

"If you truly care about the kid, you'll put it on a speeder and we'll discuss terms."

You step forward but Mando pulls you back "Let me do the talking." he looks back at Greef "How do I know I can trust you?"

"Because I'm your only hope." he shrugs

Mando begins walking towards the speeder. You quickly follow after him grabbing his arm. "What are you doing?"

He gives a look, although you couldn't see it through his helmet. But you could tell. He acts as if he's putting the child down, then you both quickly drawl your blasters and begin shooting. You climb onto the speeder cart and Mando starts yelling at the droid.

"Drive." the droid does nothing "Drive!" he aims his blaster at the droid and the cart starts up.

He hands the child to you and you watch as he shoots the other bounty hunters as the cart rolls through. As soon as you think you're set, the droid is blown out by Greef. Mando grunts and pulls out his pulse rifle.

"That's one impressive weapon."

"What do we do?" you whisper, shakiness in your voice

"Listen." Mando speaks up so Greef can hear "We're gonna walk to my ship, with the kid, and you're gonna let it happen."

"How about this. We take the kid, and if you try to stop us, we kill you and strip your bodies for parts."

Someone walks up behind you and grabs your collar, flipping you off the cart. Mando gets up blasting them, and grabbing the child, you fell from your arms.

The bounty hunters begin to swarm Mando and pin him down.

"Don't hit the target!" Greef shouts

You look over at Mando, hunters surrounding you. This is it. You're done for.

Suddenly, a pack of mandalorians come out flying on jet packs, shooting at the hunters, giving you a chance to run. You run towards the crest while Mando stops to talk to one before leaving. You finally reach the ship and run up the ramp.

"Hold it Mando."

You turn around to see Greef standing at the bottom of the ramp, blaster aimed.

"I didn't want it to come to this but, you broke the code." he shrugs

You glance at Mando. You notice he was readying his grappling hook. He shoots it up into a pipe a thick smile comes pouring out. He hands you the child and pushes you both back further into the ship. Greef shoots into the fog but misses completely. Mando shoots him, causing him to fall off to the ground as the door closes.

You rush up to the cockpit and Mando starts it up, and gets the ship going into the sky. You let out a deep breath and you lean back in your seat. A mandalorian flies by in a jetpack giving a nod.

"I gotta get one of those." Mando says and you laugh

-

Once you're finally off the planet you feel safe to relax. You press a button on your helmet to unlock it and begin sliding it off.

Mando quickly turns around and stares at you "What are you doing?"

"I'm taking my helmet off. I need to get comfy." you lower your helmet into your lap

"You can't do that."

"But I can?" you laugh "Is this some sort of joke?"

Mando stands up in front of you "You're no Mandalorian."

"I am. My father is from Mandalore. I was born on Mandalore."

"Then why do you remove your helmet?"

"Because it's normal." you furrow your brows

He shakes his head and stares at the ground.

"Look, if you don't want me here because of this it's fine, but-"

"No." he cuts you off "I need your help. With the kid. Everything." he looks back up "Go wash up." he takes his seat as you leave to go clean youre self up.