XLIII

It was over. All of it.

No more running, worrying if you'd be able to keep Grogu safe. He was safe now. He was with a Jedi. But it's not like you could just get up and move on.

"Din."

You take a deep breath, sitting up and stretching your arms. Your muscles were so tight, but now you were finally able to relax.

You hear a groan come from the man laying next to you. His head, face down into the pillow, he didn't want to get up.

"We should really be getting up." You rub his back gently, leaning down to kiss the small part of his cheek not covered by hair.

Din rolls over on his side, facing you. You tilt your head and smile, now running your hands through his hair.

"Do we have to?" he mumbles rubbing his eyes.

"Yes. We've gone far too long without a job." You sit up again, pulling yourself out of bed.

After the fight against Moff Gideon, and sending the child off, Boba Fett had flown the two of you to Glavis to take a small rest. Luckily you were able to find a place to stay. It was a good place to stay for a bit before figuring out what comes next.

Din sits up and looks across the room at you, getting dressed and ready for the day. You glance over and catch him staring. You cock your head to the side and walk over to the side of the bed.

"You need to get up." You grab his arm "Come on." You slowly, but surely, pull him out of bed and he takes a moment to stretch.

While he slowly begins getting dressed, you start putting on your various pieces of armor. As of now, you were stuck on Glavis, unless taking a ferry. So, you continued to find various hunting jobs. The two of you still stood without a ship ever since the Razor Crest was destroyed. Maker how you missed that ship.

Your life had taken a complete change in direction without the child, and you still weren't sure what to do. But Din, helping you through it, found a few jobs along the way to keep you busy.

Once you were ready, you check to make sure Din was. Just as you looked, he was lifting his helmet to put it on, and he would be good to go.

Quickly, before he set his helmet on, you run over and give him a kiss.
"Had to get one more in."

He smiles and pulls you in by the waist, kissing you again.

"What is this job again?" You ask, walking alongside Din into a large building.

"It's pretty simple, just follow my lead."

The two of you walk deeper into the building eventually reaching a room full of workers cutting meat. Your mask just barely hid the smell of all the raw meat.

Eventually, Din found the way into a back office. Walking in it was silent. The man sitting at the desk in front of you watched as Din walked towards him.

"You look lost." He says.
"I'm here for Kaba Baiz." Din states, looking down at him.

The man is silent for a moment, sharing a few looks with the people around him.
"What makes you think he's here?"
Din reaches for his belt, pulling out a tracking fob, beeping and blinking. He then puts it back.
"What do you want of him?"

You cross your arms and lean back against the wall, watching the two interact. As you do so, two other men watch you carefully.

"He owes someone important money."
"Who?"
"That's not my business. I'm here to bring him in."