XLII

Din pulls you in close then you both prepare to exit. After waiting a few moments, you and Din walk down the ramp, blasters in hand. You scan the room before running down a hall towards the brig.

"This way." You point down a small hall towards the back of the hangar bay.

Din follows behind you as you both run down a hall. You hold you arm out, stopping Din, and quickly hide behind a corner when troopers come running. Once they're gone, you step out and walk down the hall once more.

"Careful." Din calls out at you, running ahead of him

"When am I not?" you joke with a shrug

You turn to see a lone trooper, and quickly blast him.

"Let's go!" you yell running faster

As you run down a hallway you pass by large doors with small windows at the top. You look inside and see what you assume to be the dark troopers.

"There!" you yell pointing at the doors

Din takes out the code cylinder as the doors begin to open. He rushes over quickly putting it into the controls. The doors behind to close but are stopped by the hands of a single dark trooper that escapes through. You and Din both shoot at it, but there's no use. It punches Din, knocking him to the floor.

"Din!" you run over and crouch by him

You both shoot at the trooper as he begins to stand up.

"Don't worry about me, worry about them-"

The trooper grabs him by the neck and holds him up to the wall, beginning to punch his face. You stay out of the way of the trooper looking over at the controls. You were just about to run over when the trooper grabs you by the arm, crushing some of the whistling birds. You grunt and try kicking it to put you down. Din fired his flamethrower at it, hoping it would shut off. Once again, no use.

The troopers throws you to the ground, and goes after Din. It mistakenly threw you over to the controls. You reach up and pull a lever, sensing the remaining troopers into space. You turn back to see Din being thrown across the floor, sliding.

You start to shoot the trooper from behind, but it continues to shoot at Din. He fires his whistling birds, but they do nothing to help. You groan and run at the trooper grabbing onto it's arm, preventing it from shooting. Din then spins grabbing his spear and impales it into the troopers neck. You let go of the trooper and let out a sigh of relief. You turn to Din and nod.

"See, if i wasn't here, this would've been a whole lot harder, wouldn't it?"

"Can we just get on with it?"

"Fine, but it's true."

"Let's go." he gestures for you to follow him down the hall.

Finally, you reach the brig. When you turn the corner you see two troopers guarding the door. Luckily, they were normal troopers. Before you even have a chance to go after one, Din stabs one with the spear, and strangled the other.

"Nice." you tilt you head walking to the door

You kick one of the troopers off the the side and out of the way. Din drops the trooper he strangled, onto the ground and walks to the controls. You sigh as he looks at them to get the door open. When it opens you both walk in and come to a halt. Inside, Gideon stood in front of the child, holding the dark saber.

He coos looking up at both of you. You take in a shaky breath, and start walking in towards him. You turn to Gideon.

"Drop the blasters. Slowly."