XVII

A few hours pass, of you sleeping, and Din..thinking.

He sat in silence up in the cockpit. He was alone, at least up there. It had been a while sense he was. With you and the kid traveling with him now. He didn't enjoy it anymore. Being alone, that is. He had gotten so used to you sitting up there with him. Maybe, holding the child in your lap, or watching him crawl over the controls.

He lays back in his chair staring out the window, flying through space. It was peaceful yes, but he didn't feel calm. He wasn't sure about the job. He felt he could trust his old partner but, who knows now. He sighs as their port comes into view, standing up from the chair.

He heads down the ladder and into the room. He smiles at you peacefully sleeping then gently knocks.

You roll over and slowly blink your eyes, waking up. There he was. Standing in the doorway.

"We're here."

"Where exactly is here?" you sit up stretching

"You'll see. Get ready."

While Din lands the ship you get up and start putting on your armor. Once all the pieces were on, you tied your hair back and slipped on your helmet.

Din had made sure the child was still sleeping, before leading you out of the ship. You walk out into a large hangar. As you step out you take a long look around. It was huge. Like the empire's used to be. You look ahead and see a man coming forward.

"Mando!" he calls out "That you under that bucket?"

He wasn't too tall, but not too short. Just a bit shorter than Din. He had long and gray hair along with a beard that curled.

"Ran." Din nods holding out his hand.

"Didn't know if i'd ever see you in these parts again." Ran says "Good to see ya." he pats Don's shoulder "And you brought a lady friend too." he smiles

You tilt your head and Din places his hand on your back. "This is my partner."

"Hello." you nod to Ran

"Well nice to meet you." he smiles and starts walking, you trailing behind. "You know, to be honest, I was a little surprised you reached out to me. You know, cause..I hear things." He stops "Like maybe things between you and the guild aren't working out."

"I'll be fine."

"Okay. Well, you know the policy. No questions." he waves his arm "Come." He leads you and Din up to a catwalk s over the hangar.

"So what's the job?"

"Yeah, one of our associates ran afoul of some competitors and got himself caught. So i'm putting together a crew to spring him. It's a five person job, I got four." he stops turning around

"Make it six. She's coming." Din says and Ran peers back at you.

"She go everywhere with you?"

Din nods.

"Alright. Well all I need is a ride and, you brought it."

Din looks down at the crest "The ship wasn't part of the deal."

"Well the crest is the only reason I let you back in here." he chuckles "What's the look..is that- gratitude? Uh huh I think it is." he walks past you

You look at Din who is still staring down at the ship. You stand next to him leaning on the railing.

"You still wanna do this?"

He nods silently, and walks down from the catwalk. When you reach the ground, you meet back with Ran, who takes you to meet another man, who was unloading some boxes.

"Hey Mayfeld." Ran calls out

"Yeah?" he turns around

"This is Mando, the guy I was telling you about." he gestures to Din "And his partner. We used to do jobs way back when. Mando and I."

"This is the guy?" Mayfeld asks walking over

Ran nods, and goes on telling a quick story about one of their ventures years back. You look at Din surprised, and he just shook his head.

"That was a long time ago."

Interesting.

"Who's this?" Mayfeld looks at you

"Didnt ya hear me? That's his partner." Ran says

Mayfeld squints at you, as if he's thinking hard. "Huh. A female mandalorian. Haven't seen one of you before."

"Well here I am." you tilt your head "Don't waste my time."

Ran chuckles "I like her."

"Hm." Mayfeld turns back to Din

"Well I don't go out anymore, you understand?" Ran says to Din "So uh, Mayfeld he's gonna run point on this job."

Mayfeld raises his eyebrows and waves his hand.

"If he says it, it's like it's coming from me. You good with that?"

"You tell me." Din says

"You haven't changed one bit." Ran laughs

"Well things have changed around here." Mayfeld says turning back towards the boxes.

You look around once again, getting lost in all of the little things around. It was crazy. The hangar was full of so many different things. You had never been so interested in something like this before.

Your mind wanders as you look around. You start thinking about this job, the child, and Din..

You suddenly snao back into focus when you hear Mayfeld yelling.

"I wasn't a stormtrooper wiseass!" he yells

You step over by Din "What did I miss?" you whisper and look up at him

"Nothing special."