XV

"So what do we do?" Toro asks panicking

"We wait." Din says

"Wait why? What if she escapes? Or comes after us?"

"She's got the high ground. She'll wait for us to make the first move. I'm gone rest. You take first watch. Stay low."

"Hey what you're leaving me with her?" Toro asks and you tilt your head

"You'll be fine." Din lays back

"Come on." you gesture for Toro to join you at the top of the dune.

You and Toro stare out at the ridge as the suns begin to go down. Toro looks back to see Din sleeping, laying against the bike. He chuckles. "Look at him. Sleeping on the job."

"We took watch." you roll your eyes

"You know what is it with you two?" he turns back to you

"I mean are you two together or?"

"We're partners."

"That's all?"

"That's all."

Is it?

"He seems to trust you a lot."

"Yeah." you nod "We've built trust."

"Do you take that off?" he points to your helmet

"Yes."

"So does he?" he points back at Din

"No."

"So has he seen your face?"

"Yes."

"Have you seen his?"

"No."

"You know you could be a little more enthusiastic." he sighs

"Maybe if you'd stop asking questions."

Toro walks over to the bikes and sits on one "Youre so serious. So tense."

"We're watching for a sniper what am I supposed to be? Calm?"

"Aren't you guys - mandalorians- supposed to be good at fighting?"

"Yes."

"Are you?"

"I'd say so."

"Wanna go?" Toro chuckles

"No."

"Oh come on..why not?"

"I said no."

-

The suns finally go down and you stand up ready to wake Din. You watch as Toro walks over to him taking out his blaster.

"Alright suns are down Mando. Time to ride."

You watch and cross your arms.

"Come on. Wake up. Look at you. Asleep on the job old man." he begins to play around, pretending to shoot, spinning his blaster.

"You done?" Din asks waking up

Toro quickly puts away his blaster "Yeah- Yep yeah i was just uh ya know..waking you up."

"Come on boys." you shake your head and walk back over to the bikes.

"How's your leg?" Din asks getting onto the bike

"Better. Like you said it wasn't bad."

"Good." he nods and looks at Toro. "Hey on your bike, and ride as fast as you can towards those rocks."

"That's your plan? She'll snipe us right off these bikes." Toro says sitting down

Din grabs something from his pocket and tosses it to him "It's a flash charge. We alternate shots. It'll blind any scope temporarily. Combine that with our speed and we've got a chance."

"A chance?"

"Hey you wanted this. Get ready."

Din starts up the bike and drives fast across the dunes. Toro follows and Din shoots the first flash. You squint a bit watching it explode in the air.

"Now!" Din yells, signaling to Toro to set off his. It misfires.

A shot comes down from the ridge and hits your armor. You get thrown off the back of the bike and onto the ground. Din continues riding ahead. You slowly sit up with a cough. You look forward and see Din get shot off the bike, and Toro shoots another flash.

"Din!" You pull yourself up just barely and crawl over to him. You help him sit up and touch his chest.

"Are you ok?" He asks sitting up

"Fine." i nod "Might've brought back my leg injury but I'll survive. You?"

"Beskar held up." he nods and you let out a sigh of relief.

"Come on, he'll need our help." You stand and help Din up heading towards the ridge.

You finally make your way all the way up. Coming around a corner you see Toro and Fennec mid fight. You stop walking. Din continues walking past you not noticing. You stare at Fennec.

"Nice distraction." Din says walking over taking out cuffs

"Yeah nice work..partner." Toro pants stepping back from Fennec.

"Cuff yourself." Din says tossing Fennec the cuffs.

She sighs cooperating and putting them onto her wrists. Din talks tells Toro to find his blaster and get fixed up. In the meantime, he walks over to Fennec.

"A Mandalorian. It's been a long time since I've seen your kind." sue squints

You felt like you couldn't move. You wanted to walk over to Din but you just couldn't. Fennec Shand. You didn't think you'd see her again.

"You.." she turns to you.

You step forward and stand next to Din, coming into the light. Din looks at you tilting his head in confusion.

"What?" you tilt you head

Fennec chuckles "Don't pretend you forgot."

"What is she talking about?" Din looks between you two.

"You worked with me." Fennec nods smirking

"You're imagining that." you ignore Din

"Hah, sure. I'd remember armor like that. Shiny beskar..with gold lining. I mean come on, you think I'm stupid."

"What's going on?" Toro walks back up

"This Mando.." Fennec points "What's your name again? Ah Rhia." she nods "Yeah you were hired to help me a few years back. Still bounty hunting I see?"

"Rhia?" Din mumbles under his breath

"Quite ironic. I'm being hunted now. Isn't it?" Fennec sighs

"Ironic?" Toro asks

"Mhm..after our job, I pinned some crimes on her. Got her to run. She had a big bounty on her head. Till she payed it off."

"Those were different times..the Empire had fallen..the rebels won, I needed work." you cross your arms

"Some work you got into huh?"

"I'm done with you." You shake your head and walk down the ridge back to the bikes.

"Oops." Fennec shrugs