XII

Mando takes you back to your hut and gently lays you onto the bed. He grabs some pillows and props up your leg and looks around.

"I'll go get someone- a medic to check on you."

You laugh softly and he stops waking around the room and looks at you.

"What?" he asks

"You look all panicked." you smile "It's kinda funny."

He walks over to you "I just want to make sure you're ok."

He looks down then starts waking to the door, trailing his finger lightly on the bed. You watch his hand and grab it before he gets too far.

"Mando.. thank you."

He lifts his head, raising his view to your smiling face. He nods before walking to the door.

You lay fully back on the bed relaxing when you notice he pauses at the door.

"Din." he says

"What?"

"My name- It's Din."

"Din." you repeat "Din..I like it." you smile and he walks out

As Mando- Din walks out of the hut, he finds himself running into Cara. She stops him and notices his flustered body language.

"You're all flustered." she raises a brow

"What're you talking about."

"I've learned to read body language. What happened?"

"Nothing happened." Din shakes his head

"Mmm fine i won't pry. Is Rhia doing ok?"

"Yeah she's good. I just gotta send a medic in there." he looks around

"I already told them to head in there. She's gonna be ok." Cara pats his shoulder "Now come on, let's help clean up."

-

A few weeks had passed. You leg was healing, slowly but surely. The medic didn't have the best medical supply on account of they never thought they'd be in battle. You told them it was fine and you'd be sure to rest up.

Today, you were out in the village area sitting with the child. You held him in your lap as the other children played around you. He wanted down to play, so you lift him and let him go to the others.

You sigh watching the play, with a smile. It was almost perfect. You never thought life would be easy like this. A little girl walked over with some flowers in her hand. She had weaved them into a crown.

"This is beautiful." you say with a smile

"It's for you."

"Oh I don't really wear crowns- or flowers"

She ignores your comment and puts it on your head anyway. You laugh and watch as she runs along.

"Rhia." you hear from behind you.

You turn around to see Omera taking a seat next to you. You smile. "Omera.."

"I'm so sorry about your leg."

"Oh don't worry about it.."

Din stares watching you and Omera talk. Cara sits next to him, drinking. She looks up at him and laughs.

"Wow."

He quickly turns and looks down at her.

"You've got it bad."

"Got what?"

Cara chuckles "Come on, Rhia." she stands glancing out at you "You've been starting for like 20 minutes."

"There's nothing-" he sighs "I'm just trying to make sure she's healing."

"She looks fine to me." Cara watches you stand and walk over to a pond with Omera. You still had a slight limp but it was nothing to worry about. She looks back at Din, staring at his helmet. "So what happened if you take that thing off? They come after you and kill you?"

"No. You just can't ever put it back on again."

"What about her? She takes hers off."

"She's got a different religion."

"Hmm. So, what's stopping you from..settling down here? Slip that thing off, settle down with Rhia and the kid. One happy family."

"I can't- wait-" he turns realizing what she said

"Mhm I got you." she smirks

He sighs "We raised some hell here, a few weeks back. It's too much action for a backwater town like this. Word travels fast you know." he looks down "You might wanna cycle the charts and move on."

She nods "Wouldn't wanna be the one to tell him." she looks out at the child playing

"I'm leaving him here." Cara quickly turns "Traveling with me..that's not life for a kid. I did my job, he's safe. Better chance at life."

"It's gonna break his little heart."

"He'll get over it. We all do."

"Will she?" Cara and Din turn to see you slowly making your way over.

"Hey, what's going on?" you smile

"He wants to leave the kid here." Cara says quickly

"What?" you turn to Din

"It would be better for him."

You stare at Din for a moment then walk past him into the hut. You sit down on your bed.

"Well you made her mad." Cara says standing up

"I'm going to talk to Omera." Din and Cara both leave.

Hes really gonna leave the child here. He can't do that. We've had him for so long i can't imagine leaving him..What's wrong with me? I've gone soft.

You groan and lay back on the bed closing your eyes. Suddenly a loud shot rings out from the forest. Your shoot up from the bed and walk as fast as you can out of the hut. You grab your blasters but don't have enough time for armor. You quickly jog into the forest and find Din and Cara standing over a body.

"They know.." you sigh

Din and Cara nod, staring down at the body.

"What do we do?" you ask

"We have to leave." Din says putting his blaster away and walking from the body.

-

Back at the village you and Din pack your things. Cara was going to stay, but you had to take the child with you. The second they know he's here, means he's in danger. You piled your things onto the sled angling with the child. You and Din say your goodbyes to the villagers and Cara and head out.

You lean back on the sled letting out a long sigh.

"I'm sorry." Din says

"For what?" you turn to him holding the child in your lap

"I know you liked it there..I didn't want to make you leave if you didn't want to-"

"Din, wherever you and the child go..I will go."

He nods and closes his eyes.