XIV

"Maker he's aggravating." you groan walking out of the cantina.

"I know, but we need the credits."

"I know."

"So you don't like nicknames?" Din chuckles

"Nicknames are fine..just not from him."

"I see.."

You arrive back at the hangar where Din landed the ship. You follow behind him inside, grabbing a few things. Din goes to check on the child and opens the hatch by pressing the button. He quickly looks at you then runs out of the ship.

"Din what's-" you step forward then look back where he was standing. The child was gone. "Shit." you run out of the ship and see him now talking to the woman, holding the child. You let out a sigh of relief.

"Give him to me." Din demands

"Hey calm down." you say grabbing his shoulder

"Not so fast! You can't just leave a child all alone like that." the woman says "You know you've got an awful lot to learn about raising a young one." she says

"I'm sorry," you say "we're working on it."

"New couple?" she asks

"Um not-" you start

"Not exactly." Din shakes his head

The woman hums "Alright. Anyway, i started repairing the fuel leak." she hits a machine "I had a couple setbacks I wanna talk to you about. You know, I didn't use any droids as requested, so it took me longer than expected. But i figured you were good for the money..since you have an extra mouth to feed."

"Thank you." Din says "Ready?" he asks turning to you, and you respond with a nod.

You both start waking towards the exit of the hangar.

"Oh I guess i was right. You got a job didn't you?"

You walk out to see Toro sitting on a speeder bike, with another next to him, as you had asked.

"Hey Mando what do ya think?" he asks

Din walks over expecting the bike, then placing his stuff onto the back. You pile yours on top of his with a shrug.

"Hey what did you expect, this ain't Corellia."

Din gets onto the bike and you climb on after him. You adjust your feet then wrap your arms around him.

"Oh she's coming?"

"Yes." Din replies bluntly

"Why wouldn't I?" you tilt your head

"I don't..i dunno."

Din starts up the bike and pulls out of the hangar speeding off into the dunes. Toro follows shortly behind, catching up. You look out as the sun shines brightly. It was hot. Really hot. You have never wanted to take off your armor more. Suddenly, Din stops and holds out his arm for Toro to stop as well.

"What's going on?" Toro asks

"Look." Din points ahead.

You all get off the speeders and crouch down behind a dune. Toro looks out with his binoculars and you squint, staring ahead. Two banthas and their riders.

"Tuskens." you say staring out

"I heard the locals talking about this filth." Toro says

"Tuskens think they're the locals. Everyone else is just trespassing." Din says

"Well whatever they call themselves they best keep their distance." Toro scoffs

"Yeah why don't you tell them yourself." Din says turning around.

You turn around to see them standing right behind Toro. He panics, reaching for his blaster. Din holds his arm out over him. "Relax."

You slowly stand up along with Toro, watching as Din speaks to the tuskens using sign language. You pick up a few words but not enough to understand. You weren't very fluent in their language.

"What're you doing?" Toro walks up to Din

"Quiet." you snap at him

"Negotiating." Din says and Toro gives you a glare

"What's going on?" Toro asks again

"We need passage across their land. Hand me the binocs." Din holds out his hand

"Why?"

"Do it." you tilt your head

Toro sighs and hands them over to Din. Din then tosses them off to the Tuskens. He nods then walks back towards the bikes.

"Hey! What?" Toro follows after Din and so do you.

You hop onto the back of the speeder, and Din climbs on in front of you.

"Those were new!" Toro complains getting onto his bike

"Yeah they were." Din drives off

Toro groans and follows a few seconds after. You look ahead as Din slows down again. Ahead stood a Dewback, but no rider?

"Get down."

You all crouch down staring out. Toro examines then ducks behind the dune again. "Looks like the rider's still attached. Is that her?"

"I don't know. I'll go-" Din starts but you cut him off

"I'll go." You gently push him back down and stand up. You pull out your blaster and quickly make your way down.

"You're just letting her go?"

"Yeah" Din shrugs

You run down the dune and slowly approach the rider. You poke at them with your foot. No movement. You flip them over, pointing your blaster. Dead. You lower your blaster and put it in it's holster. You grab the bag that's attached to him.

"Is it her?" Toro yells

"Just another hunter." you yell back

You hear a sudden beeping. You look down in the bag and find a tracking fob. The beeping became faster, more rapid beeping. You quickly look out ahead at a ridge. "Shit. Get down!" You yell and hide behind the Dewback.

Din pulls Toro down and they hide behind the dune. A loud shot sounds through the open air, sending the dewback running. You start running back towards Din and Toro as another shot rings out. You quickly run behind the dune by Din, but the shot skims your leg. You wince as you hit the sand laying back.

"Sniper bolt-" i hold your leg breathing heavy

Din grabs some cloth and wraps it around your leg "Didn't hit you too bad." he pats your leg a bit to make sure the cloth stayed "Only and MK-modified rifle could make that shot."

"Are you alright?" Toro asks

"Fine." you nod pulling yourself up

"Beskar will be able to take the shots from here." you say looking out

"But wait I don't have any Beskar." Toro says

"Nope."