Act 6, Chapter 7

As you walked through the front door, the first thing that greeted you was a look of smugness.

"I knew it." Chrollo had murmured when you arrived, eyeing you.

"Excuse me?" you asked because on the one hand you didn't quite understand it and on the other hand you wanted him to repeat it.

"I knew it." He then repeated a little louder, "I mean, you're not feeling well."  he hung on it a little quieter.

You would have loved to crawl into your bed now and slept it all away for the next few years, but unfortunately you haven't had the opportunity to do so yet.

So you grabbed the landline phone from its charger and called the doctor in town.

You then made an appointment with the lady on the phone for in an hour.

While you were busy on the phone, Chrollo had put tea on for you and now he put it in front of you.

"Thanks." You said, grabbing the cup so quickly you put your hands on Chrollos by accident.

Feeling the chill of these, you took his hands and pressed them to your forehead.

You sighed comfortably because you were feeling incredibly hot and Chrollo's cold ghost hands cooled your head nicely.

A small laugh escaped Chrollo and he untangled one of his hands from your grip only to place them on your head.

It stayed there for a moment before rubbing your head down.

You liked it when he did that and now you liked it even more.

In fact, his touch was so pleasant that you almost nodded away.

"Your appointment..." Chrollo said quietly, but kept stroking your head up and down.

"And your tea..." he stopped the movement of his hand and stopped it on your neck.

You nodded with your eyes closed and it was incredibly difficult for you to actually break away from him.

You barely got your tea empty before you had to go to your doctor's appointment.

In the waiting room you then had to fill out your registration form and still wait a long time.

When it was finally your turn, you described your problems to your doctor and he quickly found out that you had a cold and maybe even the flu.

You preferred a cold and that was the 'diagnosis' you gave to Chrollo.

This is because, almost excitedly, he stood at the front door and asked you immediately after you had pushed the front door open just a crack.

"So what did the doctor say?" he asked and you just gave him a quick look.

You wanted to arrive first and prepare your brain for a conversation because it was so foggy in it that you had the feeling you couldn't keep up otherwise.

Without taking off your jacket, you walked towards the couch and just fell on it.

Chrollo seemed to have read your gaze correctly because he remained silent and carefully sat down next to you, his eyes always on you.

"A cold..." you finally mumbled and moved your eyes towards Chrollo.

You looked at his face for a moment and enjoyed the sight of it.

"It'll be fine soon." He then said before a gentle and encouraging smile spread to his lips and his eyes narrowed halfway.

"Why the tattoo on your forehead?" came out of you suddenly and for a moment displeasure and a touch of remorse settled over your body.

But Chrollo was a grown man, he was able to tell you straight up if he didn't want to answer the question.

,,It's part of a tattoo between a few...colleagues and me.'' he had answered after a short moment, he didn't seem to have expected this question.

You didn't like the way he pronounced the word 'colleagues', the way the word rolled off his tongue and left his lips and the way he emphasized it.

Like it's partly true but had a much deeper meaning than he was willing to give you.

You didn't like that feeling, that feeling like he had something to hide or lie about.

You were like an open book, there was nothing you could hide and somehow Chrollo was always able to learn things from you that you might not have wanted to tell him at first.

Under his gaze you sometimes felt compelled to tell him what he asked for.

That's why you avoided his gaze and avoided him after you had that dream.. with him.

Sure, you had told him something about it.

Something that sounded plausible enough that he would let it go for now.

Maybe it was your head that wasn't able to create meaningful connections from the self-generated heat that you thought like that now.

The heat in your head and on your body that was supposed to kill the non-heat-resistant viruses but instead literally fogged you up and put you in feverish thoughts.

You just nodded to Chrollo's answer, you really weren't capable of more anyway.

Concentrating while driving had taken such a toll on you that now you were having a hard time to even keep your eyes open which is why you gave up after a short time and simply closed them.

In a few moments your strength had finally left you and you were glad that you were no longer at work, bad impression or not.

At least you still managed to bring your boss the certificate of incapacity for work before you were completely overwhelmed by the cold.

And yet, despite your condition, you wouldn't admit that you had more than a cold.

Without saying anything, Chrollo placed his hand on your forehead and the coldness it placed on your skin where it touched you made you flinch slightly.

His hand stayed there for a moment before it came to rest briefly on your left and right cheek.

He felt for your temperature.

"You should take off your jacket and go to sleep upstairs." Chrollo whispered and it was the most beautiful sound you've ever heard.

He had come closer and was already gently grabbing your shoulders to help you take off your jacket, his voice close to your ear and gently caressing it.

-------------------------------------------------
ACT 1 CHAPTER 1 HAS WAY OVER 1K READS????