Act 2, Chapter 5

you kept going.

'Shortly after, books disappeared from my study only to reappear a few days later.  Sometimes footsteps would sound in the house when my wife and I were in different rooms and for a while we would think they were each other's footsteps until they sounded as we layed in bed together. It became more and more clear that something was wrong with the house and maybe even paranormal activities were taking place in our house. I will be documenting everything that happens in this notebook and will contact the Church as soon as I know what it is that has taken root in our home.
May God be with us.'

Perhaps this book had the answers to your questions and as much as it repelled and frightened you, you just had to keep reading.

The next entry was a few pages and a few days later.

'The record player just started playing this afternoon while we were sitting at the table.  I saw my wife's fearful look and I knew I had to contact the church faster, had to find out what was in our house faster.  I ran into the study and turned off the record player, even took out the record and put it on the table. I was just at the foot of the stairs when it started again, I had almost lost my balance from the shock. This time I went up the stairs carefully, opening the door for and ready for the worst.  The record was still on the table but the song on it was playing on the record player, the needle still set aside just how I left it. But music still playing from the device.  On the same day we put the record player in the winter garden, away from power sources.'

The next entry was dated two days later.

'It wants us out of here, I don't question that anymore. When I got home from work in town today, the cupboards were open, plates scattered on the floor in pieces and I just barely was able to avoided a flying vase. After that it was quiet. Whatever is in our house is getting stronger and more aggressive.  My wife hasn't returned home yet and to save her fright and work I started cleaning up the mess. I counted the shards, with every plate I visually brought back together there were exactly thirteen shards and when I cut my finger with one, the drop of blood that fell on the floor formed into a spider. I have a fear that whatever is in our house may be a demon.'

You had to swallow and you were afraid, but you still had to keep reading.

The next entry was from the following day.

'My wife's sister came to visit again today, for the first time in two weeks and therefore since Halloween.
My wife kept telling me that her sister had nothing to do with it but I didn't believe her and I don't think she even believes it herself. After my return home yesterday nothing had happened and when the door opened and my wife walked in with her sister I couldn't help but ask her what she did. My wife then banished me to the bedroom, she wanted her sister to arrive before I was allowed to speak to her and eventually ask her what happened the weekend we were gone.'

The following entry began on the same page, offset below the last one.

'In the night my wife and I were awakened by a scream and without thinking we both jumped up and ran down the stairs and stormed into the guest room. Her sister sat on the bed crying and in shock, tears running down her face. It took an hour for her to calm down enough for us to ask what had happened. She told us that she woke up from an almost unbearable coldness, that her blanket was pulled off of her and only a short time later the whole bed shook so violently that she almost fell out. I then asked her what she had done the Halloween night, that I feared a ghost or even a demon had taken up residence in our house. She started crying again and suddenly she started apologizing. She and her friends played with a Ouija board, but when the cuff moved, they took it as a prank of each other and didn't say goodbye. That same night I called a friend of my sister-in-law who lived in town. She hadn't been there that Halloween night, even telling the others that playing with ghosts was a stupid idea and dangerous. According to herself she was a medium and if that was true she would be the only one who could tell us what spirit we had in our house.'

This was the next day's entry:

'She couldn't come by until the next day, so the three of us stayed the night at a motel half an hour away.  We would also meet her there and tell her what happened so far before we drove to the house together. I took this notebook with me.'

The second paragraph of that day's entry was written with a different pen, and the handwriting wasn't as neat as it had been on the previous pages.

'We saw him. As soon as she came in she shook herself, she had introduced herself with her name before we drove off.  Abir Abriyah.  "I sense someone who doesn't belong here," she said, and I felt chills down my spine too. Nobody had been in the house since I first contacted her, but some furniture had been moved and some windows were open. My sister-in-law recalled every detail of what had happened on Halloween to Abir, how they all thought someone in the group was moving the cuff and that they hadn't asked any serious questions. "But you said goodbye?" Abir asked and almost shyly she shook her head. "Oh god" escaped Abir and she directed me to take down the Ouija board which was still in the attic. We cleared the dining room table and blacked out all the windows. Abir had learned from her family how to use a Ouija board properly and  she explained that she hoped to get rid of the ghost by saying 'goodbye' to him after a short conversation. She also asked for a pen and a piece of paper which I provided.'

You noticed the spot where a piece was torn out and ran your finger over it, but you didn't notice the pair of eyes watching you.