Act 6, Chapter 2

Your mother came into the room, looked at you both for a moment before she smiled and asked you down so you could eat.

As you passed a mirror in the hallway you caught a glimpse of yourself in the reflection.

Your cheeks were still slightly red, your lips were almost glowing with red color and despite Chrollo fixing your hair, it was still disheveled.

It was so terribly obvious that you and Chrollo had been making out, if only for a short time.

You blushed and when Chrollo noticed you could hear him chuckle.

Your fist hit him in the side, good for him that he didn't seem to be embarrassed but it was different with you because you were.

The four of you talked a lot to each other during the meal too.

You were halfway through dinner when it started raining and thundering outside.

A bolt of lightning that struck somewhere outside drew your attention briefly out of the window and outside, as you turned your attention back to eating, there was a knock on the door.

Your mother seemed to be expecting someone because she whispered "He's here" to your father before getting up and walking towards the door.

She came back with two men following closely behind her and when she sat down again there were two more chairs and plates of food at the table.

Now you could see who the two men were.

The first was your boss and the second was none other than Hisoka and you could only just refrain from groaning annoyed at the sight of him.

He sat down next to you, now you sat in the middle between Chrollo and him and you moved a bit further to Chrollo.

Your boss sat down next to your father and the two started talking to each other as if they had been close friends for many, many years.

Hisoka hadn't said anything yet but he seemed incredibly upset that you were stepping away from him because he grabbed the underside of your chair's seat and pulled you closer and closer to him.

At some point your chair docked against his, your attempt to detach Hisoka's hand from your chair was unsuccessful and your voice also let you down because not a single word came out of your throat.

Oh how you wanted to rip each strand of his red hair out of his face in that moment.

But Chrollo also didn't seem to like the distance, or rather the lack of distance, between you and Hisoka which is why he did the same as Hisoka before, only that he placed you exactly in the middle between the red head and himself.

He threw a warning look at Hisoka but the glared on only answered with a smile.

Your mother engaged Hisoka in a conversation and then pulled you in as well.

She left Chrollo out of this conversation though and when you kept trying to engage him in as well she just seemed to ignore you, or at least your attempts.

You looked at Chrollo for help, you didn't like the fact that your mother got along so well with Hisoka and your boss seemed to know your father like a already read book.

But Chrollo just sat there, staring at the plate in front of him and when you said his name several times and asked if he was okay, he remained silent.

"You should marry Hisoka!" your mother suddenly threw in loudly, to which everyone else, including Chrollo, agreed.

Even when your mother said that, Chrollo sat there like an empty shell.

"Chrollo?" you asked again, reaching out to nudge him.

But your hand did not reach him.

Instead, it suddenly laid in Hisoka's while he put a ring on your finger.

You wanted to pull your hand away but your body ignored you as you tried to physicallyget back, realizing you were dressed like a wedding couple.

Almost in panic, you walked into the crowd of guests at the wedding, scanning the rows for Chrollo.

When you found him with your gaze, he smiled happily and clapped along with the other guests.

You were about to open your mouth when your alarm clock woke you up.

'Hisoka' was your first thought that day.

Grumpily you went down the stairs fully dressed.

You were in a bad mood, and it wasn't because your alarm clock woke you up.

You were even somewhat grateful to it.

You made yourself breakfast and took a seat on the couch, in front of you there was some program on TV.

You sighed.

Trash will be picked up tomorrow which is why you had to put the bin outside.

Even though it was early you wanted to do it before you went to work so to male sure you didn't forget it when you came back later.

"The boxes..." you whispered to yourself.

There was still an unshredded box from your move in in the guest room.

Was Chrollo even awake yet?

You practically ghosted towards the guest room and when you were standing in front of the door you knocked.

"Chrollo?" you asked and when there was no answer you walked in carefully and slowly.

"I'm sorry, it's just a matter of-" you stopped when you didn't see him sitting or lying on the bed, assuming he wasn't in the room.

"Hmmm..." you hummed in surprise and went all the way into the room.

You were just turning sideways to get to the boxes when you saw Chrollo standing in the corner of the room.

"Oh my god!" you cried out.

"You're giving me a goddamn heart attack!" you yelled at him and sat down on the bed to get your heart to lower it's pace again.

"Why are you standing in the corner in the dark and why didn't you say anything when I knocked?!" you grumbled loudly, massaging your temples to calm you down.

"You're different than usual." Chrollo stated instead.

"Did something happen?" he asked.

,,No, everything is okay. I'm sorry I yelled like this.. I just had a weird dream..." you said.

How did he know that?

"What happened in your dream?" when he asked that, your face flushed red at the memory.

You certainly wouldn't tell him that you not only kissed in your dream but fully made out!

----------------------------------------------
me *uploading a new chapter even tho I am severely stressed and depressed but this book and its feedback is the only thing keeping me going rn*: do you or do you not feel ✨💅bonita💅✨
you guys (readers) *not knowing tf is going on*: i feel bonita.
me: wonderful because you look bonita!!