Tranquility

(Not super spicy, but there's a

(Not super spicy, but there's a...kick)

With Azriel's warning in the back of my mind, truth be told it was a lot more difficult to try and focus on anything that was currently going on, which was a rarity considering no matter what has happened to me, I was always consistent in completing my work and making sure that no one around me would suspect that anything bad was happening to me.

"Be careful kid, you're really gonna need to watch your back."

Azriel's voice was like an annoying echo at the back of my head that I was forced to focus on, because he had information, more than that, he had experience with IBI, similar to myself.

Bad experiences

And if he couldn't reveal information to us in the comfort of his apartment...

A violent shudder ripped through my body, an odd sensation considering I had taken precautions to ensure that there were no bugs in his apartment other than the ones I had set up as a just in case...just in case there was more to him than meets the eye.

However, other than his awful karaoke skills, there was nothing suspicious to report from him so far.

I sighed as I rest my head against my desk, comfortable in the safety of my home, comfortable in the warmth and comfort of Hiro's hoodie that wrapped around me like a blanket of reassurance, naturally easing my tense thoughts with each inhale of his scent. Baked goods and Vexamine. God, I was never one to become addicted to anything other than boba, but he was really making it difficult for me.

I was home alone, Dad had taken Isla to her weekly therapy, and Sorei was with him as well as Rem, who acted as emotional support, leaving me alone...well, not really.

"Hayan, stop biting my plushie, please?"

I sighed as I turned my head with a small, but affectionate sigh as I watched the little furball continue growling as he attempted to drag Cyber the plushie...thrice as big as him, to the other side of the room as Cerberus watched him. If I didn't know any better, I could visibly see the amusement in his working eye, and the slight twitch of his tail as he looked fondly on Hayan. It was almost like watching myself look over Isla, and considering how both Isla and Hayan are bouncing balls of energy, I wasn't too surprised.

"Who wants to go on a walk?"
I sighed as I stood up to stretch, feeling a kink in my neck after being hunched over and slamming my forehead against the desk for so long. An honest mistake really, the statement that is, because the moment the dreaded 4-word 'w' word slipped out my mouth, I was dog-piled, no pun intended, by two bouncing balls of fur, who barked, and slobbered, and barked some more until Cerberus scrambled out of the room, returning with two leashes in his mouth.
"After I shower."
I added reluctantly, wiping dog drool off my face, grimacing as I realised I needed a shower now.

"That's a good look on you Princess."

"FUCKING SHIT!"
The curses left my mouth before I could control myself as I snapped my vision to my bedroom door, where Hiro leaned in the doorway, hands resting at the top of the frame as he leaned in.
"How the fuck did you get into my house?"
I muttered, rolling my eyes as he feigned an offended expression, one hand over his heart, and the other holding a...no.