A real friend

For a brief second, Hiro could have felt his heart stop beating, his heart felt as though it dropped into his stomach as Rem's words seemed to echo within his head

For a brief second, Hiro could have felt his heart stop beating, his heart felt as though it dropped into his stomach as Rem's words seemed to echo within his head. The air felt like ice when he breathed in, and the thunder which was roaring outside, suddenly felt as though it was muted, as though his head had been dunked underwater as sounds all meshed together.

It took Rem's consistent rambling to snap him out of it as Hiro talked over the silver robot.
"What do you mean she's missing?"

If robots had the ability to cry, Hiro was sure that Rem would be flooding the room with tears from the way his eyes were displayed sadly across his digital face.
"She told me that she wanted to go for a walk, and then she just left! She has not returned, and I cannot track her phone! She left it here!"

He chewed his lip nervously.
"When...when did she leave?"

"...Two hours ago..."

Hiro flung himself off his bed with surprising force, tripping over his own feet as he grabbed his clothes from the floor, pulling a hoodie over his head and mismatching sneakers over odd socks, his mind too occupied assuming the worst may have happened to Y/n as he talked to Rem. After all, Y/n was still relatively new to the city, and although SanFransokyo hadn't become overrun with technological villains anymore, it did not stop the usual bastards of the dark alleyways from continuing to hurt people.
"I'll let the others know, wake up Min-Jae, I'm going to find her."
He practically jumped down the stairs, waking up his aunt in the process as he waited impatiently for Baymax to waddle after him.

"Hiro? What's all the noise?"
Cass rubbed her eyes as she watched Baymax squeak his way down the stairs in front of her, noticing the way Hiro was pacing the kitchen with his hands behind his head.
"Hiro? Hiro what's going on?"

Hiro sighed as he looked up to his aunt, quickly summarising the situation that seemed to have him on the edge. Cass listened, the fatigue from her expression completely disappearing as it became replaced with shock. She held a hand over her mouth, her eyes growing glassy with tears as she put her hand on Hiro's shoulder, nodding to the boy.
"Stay safe honey, I'll call and wait for Min-Jae here."
Cass squeezed his shoulder as Hiro leapt down the last set of stairs, Baymax chasing after him into the garage as the two suited up to take for the skies.

Everyone had responded to their emergancy calls immediately. When it came to trouble, everyone had a contact which was separate to their personal contact numbers, so that this way they could identify what calls were priorities and which ones were general. The system worked effectively, as proven by the fact that everyone was waiting for further action by the time Hiro and Baymax had managed to pinpoint Y/n's location.

"Baymax will send the location soon, get here without hero gear, she doesn't need Big Hero 6, she needs us."
The boy had told them, just as Baymax' scanners had picked up on the medical information of the 16 year old girl, who was found standing by the sea.