Bikes, Bonds, Breaks

"Y/n! You're getting a call from Hiro! Would you like me to answer!"Rem's voice called for me as I stood in the kitchen, leaning against the counter as I waited for the microwave to finish warming up the chocolate milk I had made for Sorei, who I ...

Rem's voice called for me as I stood in the kitchen, leaning against the counter as I waited for the microwave to finish warming up the chocolate milk I had made for Sorei, who I was holding on my hip.

"Sure,"
I responded absentmindedly, moving Sorei so that I could look at him face on, puckering my lips at him as he held my face in both his hands with a smile.

"Okay! Answer!"

"Hello Hiro, what's up?"
I answered the call as Rem hovered near us, my gaze focused on Sorei who was moving his hands around my face as I smiled him. Patiently standing as he pinched my nose gently, tapped my eyelid a few times before breaking into a pearly white smile and bringing his face closer to mine so that I could rub my nose against his.

"Oh, nothing much...what are you up to?"

"Sorei wanted chocolate milk-"
I was interrupted by the beeping of the microwave, and I sat Sorei carefully on the kitchen worktop, taking out the mug in which I warmed the drink and pouring it into one of his favourite sippy cups. I passed it over to my little brother, then scooped him into my arms with a little too much enthusiasm, pressing consecutive smooches to his cheek and nuzzling my face against his. I had given Sorei a bath earlier this morning, and there was honestly no aroma more captivating than the scent of baby products that I would use on him.

"I see. Well, I was going to call to ask you something, but I didn't think I'd get to witness the affectionate side of you."

I froze as he finished his sentence, slowly turning my head to look at Rem, and much to my horror, in front of me was a screen displaying Hiro who seemed to be sitting on a chair in his garage, head on his hand and looking into the camera with a devilish smirk to his face.

"Rem, you never mentioned it was a video call."

"I did not think it mattered since it was Hiro."

"You could have given me the heads up though."
I groaned to myself, feeling my face start to flush knowing that he had just witnessed me absolutely smothering my little brother with affection. What made it worse was that he was well aware that I was embarrassed, and seemed to thrive on it.

"Juuuuuust pretend that its a regular ol' voice call."

I almost snorted, rolling my eyes as Sorei absentmindedly used a single hand to bring my face next to his so that our cheeks squished against each others whilst he stared intensely at the screen, completely focused on finishing his chocolate milk.

"Uh, why is Sorei staring at me?"

"He isn't."
I responded lightheartedly, stifling a sigh.
"He's focused. He...he does this when he's concentrating."

"What does a two year old need to focus on?"

"Finishing his hot chocolate...anyways, why did you call?"
I asked again, narrowing my eyes at Hiro whose Cheshire-cat grin seemed to falter into something slightly more hesitant, and I narrowed my eyes as I watched him look off to the side.