Secrets

"You look stressed Cass, are you okay?"I asked that evening when I decided to go to the cafe with Hiro once our lessons were over for the morning

I asked that evening when I decided to go to the cafe with Hiro once our lessons were over for the morning. The professors were relentless with the amount of work that they had been handing out for everyone to complete throughout the two-week Christmas break we were starting the next week, and despite my capabilities on completing a lot of work quickly, even I had to admit that I was struggling slightly to keep on top of everything when it came down to the robotics essays and project plans I had to complete, as well as the lecture notes I had to revise over in time for the end of term assessment we had coming up.

I sat in the cafe with my laptop, Hiro had ran straight up to his room to drop all his equipment for some reason, and then ran straight back out of the cafe, telling me that he had something that he needed to do, with someone, somewhere, and just being very vague with the information he was giving me overall. Not that I cared, I was a little more focused on trying to get a head start on my work more than anything else, so Rem decided to join him too since he was going to be on the bike, which meant that Baymax stayed with me instead of Rem.

I was actually, oddly comfortable with Baymax being around me as much as Rem was usually around me now. So when Rem wanted to know what Hiro was up to, I often found that Baymax would toddle over to my lab to see what I would be up to as well. Baymax was with me as I spoke to Cass, and as such scanned her.

"Scanning."

Cass groaned, and I almost let out a laugh.
"Baymax I'm fi-"

"Scan complete. You are experiencing high-blood pressure and increases in cortisol release. Common for those suffering from stress and anxiety. I suggest you take some time out to, relax and de-stress."

I pointed to the seat opposite myself.
"Come on Cass, the café isn't super busy today and I'm sure Baymax could handle customers whilst you sit down."
I gave her a look, letting her know that I was more than happy to continue arguing with her, and smiled as she caved in and sat down across from me.
"Now come on, what's bothering you?"

Cass shook her head,
"It's honestly fine Y/n, I can't bother a kid with my adult problems."
She laughed weakly, and I shrugged, flicking through the notes that were out on the table with me. I was silent for a couple of moments, glancing at her every so often to see her false smile twitching, and twitching before she gave up and put her head in her arms.
"Okay, I give in, I'm stressed that I won't be able to afford to keep the café running."

I frowned slightly at her words, the government documents I had uncovered about a tax raise, had been announced and placed a few days ago. It wasn't just Cass who was struggling, many of my friends were also struggling to make ends meet, and Honey Lemon also mentioned that she and Gogo might have to either find somewhere else to stay, or she would end up trying to ask her family for help to pay for rent. It wasn't looking good for anyone, and whilst Fred and I didn't face the same stress that our friends did, it was still worrying when we offered our help but had it rejected, despite our best interests at heart.