Dance Dance Dance

"Oh god

"Oh god."
I pressed my hands over my face as I lay backwards on the sofa.
"Rem this isn't okay anymore. God, I thought this break would take forever but I feel fine now."
I complained, leaning up on my elbows to look over to Rem who was sitting on the arm of the couch that I sprawled myself across.

Currently, I was home alone. Isla was at dance for longer than usual today since its half term break for schools across the city. Sorei was with Marylin since Dad wanted him to interact with other kids that she was looking after who were his age. I needed to stay home to clean up after the kids, look after the house (though there wasn't much to look after) and to pick up Isla once her class was over. Sometimes being intelligent proved itself to be a curse more than a blessing, because rather than having to focus intensely on what I needed to write for homework and projects that needed essays to be written and completed, everything was already well on it's way to being complete.

And it hasn't even been halfway through the break.

"I suggest you buy some new books! Or pick up a hobby!"
Rem perked up, and I sighed as I placed an arm over my eyes.

"I probably have to."
I muttered, more to myself than to Rem as I mentally counted the number of books that I owned and read through. It had been a year and a half since I last held a physical book that wasn't a textbook in some shape or form. Perhaps a bulk buy of new books from a quaint library would keep me occupied for a majority of the break. Unless I decided to get to the drawing board for my next hacking related project.
"No, I should save those ideas for my class projects rather than spare time."
I muttered to myself again, pursing my lips as I sighed and sat up straight.

Just as I had tried to settle on an itinerary for the day, I heard my phone start to blare loudly, my device vibrating from under the cushion. Pulling it out with a frown, I stared at the contact name that showed up, and quickly turned my gaze to Rem as I grimaced.
"What does Krei want this time?"
I grumbled, answering the call half heartedly and slouching on the couch as I held the phone to my ear.
"Speak."

"Is that how you talk to your boss, Foxy?"

I grimaced even more.
"You're not my boss, I work for Granville at your request, and I pull the strings for everything else."
I sat up a little straighter, frowning.
"You are not the boss of me."

I heard a chuckle from the other line, which displayed Krei's lack of attention to my words.
"Oh you're always so cute. Anyways, I need you to meet me in the office, there's something important I want to discuss with you."

I thought over his words, covering my hesitating with a long, tired sigh as I mulled over his request.
Well, I suppose this could pass the time too.
"Fine, I'll be there in half an hour."
I rolled my eyes as I heard his triumphant cheer on the other line. Dad had left his snacks on the kitchen counter before going to work this morning, so I could use the request to deliver that to him at the same time. That way I can perform more tasks and pass more time across the day until I figure out a way to combat my boredom.