Demons and Dangers

When your writing starts un-improving

[ Glares at writing]

"I hate you."

*breaks screen*

The city halted it's movements when the screens started to glitch, the air buzzing with a mixture of apprehension and excitement as the citizens anticipated a brief appearance of the vigilante. Eyes were fixed on the sky, scanning for a blue light, or at the least, a moving shadow that would race across the city, more quiet than a gust of wind. What no one expected however, was the screens and holograms around the city to work again, the face of Illuminous broadcasted for miles as his voice, dark and malicious sunk into the bones of the city. His voice bounced off every surface, causing the glass buildings to quiver in his presence as though the city itself was afraid of the villain as he spoke. Then a scream pierced the veil of night, as though the veil had been ripped the moment Isla Suni's face, tear stained and terrified, was played on every, single piece of technology that floated around San-Fransokyo.

"Oh stop with the tears now."
Illuminous scoffed to the young girl, who immediately stopped crying, her face displaying utter boredom despite the tears that stained her face.
"That's quite the convincing act you put on. I'm surprised you're not as terrified as I thought you would be."
He leered at the younger girl who stood her ground, arms tied to her sides with the rope that had been bound around her, and a couple of scratches with dirt covering her face after a bumpy trip.

"I'm good at being dramatic."
Isla shrugged, looking down from the point they stood on. The roads were empty, no one had dared to come nor go across the Golden Gate Bridge when they saw the villain scuttle along along the girl in clutch.
"..and I'm not really scared, I mean, I would be, if I was any normal kid."
The girl only proved her point further, shuffling around in the restraints and exclaiming with delight as she wiggled her arms free. Only to sit down at the edge of the point they were on, her legs swung over the edge as Isla stared at the raging body of water below them.

Illuminous raised a brow in surprise, taken back by how casually the girl was speaking to him. How she has slipped out the restraits without so much as worrying about him as she sat down. There was an underlying sense of eeriness he picked up from the girl, who was definitely way too calm for her own good. He frowned deeply, eyes analysing her expression, and frowning harder as he looked at the way her pupils seemed almost nonexistent within the abyss of her grey eyes.
"Normal kid?"
He repeated, the menacing tone of his voice faltering as he responded to her, his eyes half focused on the younger girl, and half focused on their surroundings so that he could spot any of the heroes.

Isla nodded her head, shrugging once more as she kept her gaze focused on the crowd that was gathered at the ends of the bridge.
"Yeah, If I had any other sister I'd probably normal."
A little giggle escaped the girl, and she turned her head to stare straight into the villains eyes.
"You know my sister."
Isla turned her head back to stare at the sky, sneezing abruptly from the irritation which the cold breeze bought her. The brown-haired girl sniffed without much shame, twitching her nose a little before she glanced back to the villain.

Another grin crept up across her lips, and Illuminous maintained his hard state as the younger girl looked up to him.
"I cried on purpose, cause I know that sis is totally gonna rock..."

Illuminous widened his eyes slightly at the way her mouth curved into a smile that resembled one he had seen on so many occasions.

"..your..."