𝐈𝐧 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐈𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡

When Hiro had returned with my Father, who agreed on letting Baymax watch over me until I was better, I wished that the ground under me had opened up

When Hiro had returned with my Father, who agreed on letting Baymax watch over me until I was better, I wished that the ground under me had opened up. My Father was not happy with me in the slightest since I woke up, but he didn't yell at me either. The disappointment and hurt which I could feel rolling off him like waves stabbed me more excruciatingly than a knife possibly could. He was upset with me, and within good reason. He was upset that I never managed to find it within myself, to confide with him how I had been feeling for the last two years. Upset that I had shouldered so much responsibility, believing I could handle it when the truth was that I was using it as a distraction from actually facing my feelings.

I wanted to hide away in shame when he told me off, my face was probably on the verge of melting from embarrassment, especially since Hiro was right next to him as I was being lectured.

He was quick to move the conversation along as he called Baymax out to scan me, and I could do nothing but lay there as Baymax listed off my diagnosis, which I had to give permission for.

"Diagnosis..."

I slowly hid myself under the blankets as they were read out, and I could see both Hiro and my Father pale with each diagnosis being listed off.

"Clinical Depression."

"Chronic Anxiety and paranoia."

"Insomnia."

"The common cold."

"Vitamin C deficiency."

"And, a Vitamin D deficiency."

There was a tense silence which filled the room, only broken when I released an muffled, but unpreventable sneeze from under my duvet.
"Kshoo"

"Y/nnnnnnn-"
I heard Father's voice, leading my name in a stern tone of voice.

I lowered the duvet to argue with him or soften the state in how I was currently presented. Unfortunately, my body hates me for the stress I've put it through, and despite having eaten some pretty good food for breakfast (at noon) my words failed me, and a childlike, weeeeeh left my vocal chords instead. The congestion in my nose gave me a heavy head, and I found myself unable to think properly, leading to several weird noises (combined with words) being my only form of communication during the day.

My eyes sleepily drifted to Hiro's, and I glared as I saw him sucking his lips into his mouth, as though he had eaten a lemon as he pressed a hand to his mouth. He was trying not to laugh at me. I knew it.

I already felt absolutely mortified at the fact that I was now bedridden with a blistering fever which had me feeling albeit delirious most times, and my dizziness was only increased tenfold with the new wave of heat that my embarrassment was rolling over me. I wanted to complain, to tell them both to leave my room. I was exposed, vulnerable and presented in a way that I used to think would never be possible.