Cerberus

"What was that noise?"

I cursed to myself quietly as I heard Wasabi squeal loudly, his voice echoing throughout the entirety of the empty building. There was a small huff I could from in front of me as I heard the loud footsteps from behind, and I looked in front of me again with a defeated sigh as I watched the figure disappear.

"Hacker?"

I turned around with what I hoped was a prominent frown plastered across my face.
"Great going guys, you scared him away."
I hissed, turning back around to see that the fish Mochi had bought along with him was still on the ground, along with Mochi who looked rather upset now that the black dog had disappeared

"Scared who away?"
Gogo asked, and I pointed towards the bleak mass of darkness that was obscured within the shadows.

"The dog."
I stated bluntly, in albeit of a lame way.

"My scanners do not pick up a dog. From the genetic and physical resemblance, that canine species you talk of is, part wolf."

"Wolf. Dog. Canine. They're all the same."
I waved Baymax off, sure they weren't the same same, however I preferred cats to dogs, so they were all the same to me. Then I reached down for the fish that was on the floor, with the intention of giving it to the dog, wolf, hybrid, but felt a hand on my shoulder before I could move.
"What are you all doing here anyway?"
I asked Hiro who had placed his hand on my shoulder as I turned around to face him.

"We came to find this guy, I put a tracked on him this morning."
He pointed to the cat who was at my feet, before promptly leaning down to pick him up, holding Mochi in front of his face with a relatively amusing pout to his face.
"What the hell are you doing here with her Mochi? You never exercise unless you're running for food."

"Meow!"

I bit back the smile that wanted to cross my face as he turned back around to face me, placing Mochi back on the ground.
"I thought I told you to stay back home?"
Hiro told me, and I could hear the frown in his voice, even as he pressed the side of his helmet to lift up his visor.

I shrugged in return and glanced down to Mochi who was now rubbing himself against Hiro's legs with a rather loving meow.
"Mochi wanted to go out, I figured I would follow him to see where he's been going."
Then I gestured to the fish in my hand.
"And I think I've figured out what he's been doing."
Turning around, I took a few steps forward, paused, and raised a hand behind me.
"Don't get too close, he's territorial. He'll bite you if you get too close."

"Then why the heck are you getting close!"
Wasabi hissed through a furious whisper, as I continued to step forward slowly.

Because he knows me.

"Because I have a high pain tolerance for if he bites me."
I shrugged, which wasn't a full lie, even though I was using it to conceal the truth. Then I crouched to the ground and threw the fish out in front of me.
"Come on, it's okay boy, it's fine to come out."
We all wanted quietly to see if the animal would come out of the shadows, to see if it would take the offering of food that Mochi had clearly picked up for him. The thought had me thinking for a while, it clearly seemed as though Mochi knew who the animal was, and I was sure that Hiro had mentioned something about the back streets being trashed.
"Hiro do you know anything about who could have been making all that noise and mess in the backstreets?"
I asked with an inquisitive note to my voice, turning around to look at him.