Happy Halloween

(A moment to appreciate my 2 am work of art)

The night that I was dreading across the course of the week, finally arrived, and I stood by the door, cloak obscuring my figure to hide the costume that I had thrown together at the last minute, glaring down at Hunter who had arrived at my doorstep with an irritating smile on his face. It confused me as to why he looked so happy when I was staring at him intensely with the hopes of making him change his mind on wanting Isla to stay the night. Unfortunately for me, this piece of shit just smiled at me excitedly, and grew all the more excited when Isla ran past me in her Little Red Riding Hood costume, pumpkin basket in hand, and a little bag on her back. I bit back curses when I watched them hug and link arms, folding my own across my chest with a grumble.

"Thank you for letting Isla have a sleepover at my house Trix!"
Hunter had thanked me, but I found it hard to be very optimistic considering the fact I was trusting this little boy around my precious sister. I sighed as I looked to Hunter's mother, who had arrived to collect Isla, giving her a serious stare.

"She is absolutely not allowed milk. There's a calcium vitamin she needs to take, no tech before bed, not too many sweets either. Make sure that she-"
Hunter's mother looked a little bit lost halfway through my important list of things I needed to inform her about Isla's health and sleep routine, but I think she understood since she nodded and assured me that Isla was in good hands.

She had better be in good hands, I'd end up on a criminal watch list if she wasn't.

Y/n, you're Glitch, people are already trying to put you on a watchlist

I wave goodbye to Isla who seemed much too enthusiastic to leave, and just when I thought that I could take a breather, I heard the sound of squealing tires from Gogo's Skyline performing a swift U-turn in the middle of the road as she stopped outside the house. The windows rolled down as Honey Lemon stuck her head out to beckon me to the car.

"That's my cue."
I sighed to Dad, reaching out for Sorei so that I could hug him very tightly, and smother a series of smooches to his face, pressing his face against mine. I didn't let go for a long time, mainly because I didn't want to part myself from him for so long-

"Y/n, come on now, go have fun."
Dad rolled his eyes as I glared at him, and unwillingly I passed Sorei back over to him, but I still didn't let go, and Dad started trying to pull him out my hands, and I wasn't letting go, so it was like a tug of war between us, until I finally let go with a groan.

"Have fun. Right."
I commented dryly as I picked up my bag which held a pair of clothes, my pyjamas and miscellaneous items which I would need. Including my laptop, and a book.
"I'll see you tomorrow."
I kissed my Dad on the cheek and waved as I walked out of the house, biting my tongue as I saw the sad expression on Sorei's face when he saw me waving.

"Don't come home quickly!"
Dad smiled at me, and I stopped in my tracks to stare at him in disbelief until he slammed the door shut with a little too much enthusiasm.