Our Secret

It was the steady beeping of hospital equipment which Y/n could hear the moment she started floating in and out of consciousness

It was the steady beeping of hospital equipment which Y/n could hear the moment she started floating in and out of consciousness. An echo at the front of her mind which she felt a pull towards, and so she felt herself suspended, trying to grasp with hands she couldn't see, and crawl towards the source of the sound. Though her vision was dark, she could feel her senses returning to her one by one, the closer she felt herself towards the noise, each decible increasing as she twitched each muscle.

Starting with a finger, then two, then several, repeating on the other hand. All fingers functional. She rolled her wrist, feeling a sharp pain jab into the back of her hand and she groaned, stretching as though she were waking up on another morning. Y/n stretched, yawning into the oxygen mask that she felt over her face, drying her mouth, vision starting to clear as she woke up a little more to the sight of a white room. Fresh, clean hospital sheets tucked her body into a bed, there were electronic devices everywhere, and as she let her eyes trail down to her hand, she noticed the multitude of bandages. The multitudes of pipes that fed into her body as the IV drip hung above her, the bump over her hand started to throb and the ECG started to flash red before emitting a series of noisy screeches.

The alert of the ECG called doctors immediately, since within a couple of seconds, two women in lab coats burst into the room, one hovering by Y/n's head as she attempted to push the young woman back down onto the hospital bed, as the other kept her eyes on the ECG.

"Breathing accelerated, heart rate increased, she's panicking."

The continuous alarm from the machine hooked up to her caused a fuzzy sensation to rush through the girl's body as she started shaking her head, sat up stiffly as she attempted to push the nurses away. The needle that was attached to her hand seemed to tug at the veins under her skin, an agonisingly sharp pain shooting up her arm as she attempted to swat at the nurses who held her weak arms.
"Miss, Miss, please calm down. You're okay. You're at Prologika '

She was at Prologika? Hooked up to machines? With a needle?

With a shake of her head, the ECG beeped louder, and another bang of the doors followed up with a yell of "Get off me!"

Y/n felt her vision blurring around her once more until a warm hand surrounded her much colder one. Then it hit her full force, the scent of cookies, of vexamine, the boyish scent that clung to the hoodies she kept in her wardrobe. The warmth that she found herself shifting towards, unable to feel content unless her fingers were brushing his at least. The hand that she used to hold with so much care, slowly moved itself to cup her face, a pressure resting against her forehead and gently pushing her to lay back against the hospital bed.

"Hey, hey, its okay. I'm here. You're okay. Breathe"

"Hiro?'
Her voice had never sounded so high pitch, so fragile, and the girl slowly raised her head, feeling a hot tear spill down her cheek and onto the hospital gown she was wearing. Then closing her eyes, she felt the brush of black-locks against her forehead, and a relieved sigh pressing a kiss to her forehead.
"You're here?"