The Surprise

It had taken Hiro forever to try and snap Y/n out of the dazed state she had been thrown into when she had come to the realisation that Cyber, who was him, told her to use the communicator when she was in trouble

It had taken Hiro forever to try and snap Y/n out of the dazed state she had been thrown into when she had come to the realisation that Cyber, who was him, told her to use the communicator when she was in trouble. It took way too long to try and sway the girl's mind into thinking that she was going to be fine and that Cyber would spare her the lecture.

Hiro was frankly quite offended at some of her words. Surely he wasn't that bad whenever she got into trouble. Y/n is his friend and so it's only natural for him to feel that need to keep her safe, not just as the city's hero, and not just because of her past, but also because of the fact that Y/n always seemed to believe that she was a protector when what she really needed was someone to make her feel safe as well. Someone to help her lose her uptight composure and let her guard down for a while. She was so on the ball constantly, Hiro was mildly surprised that she didn't sport any grey hairs at her young age.

Though she could always have dyed them, he didn't ignore the possibilities.

"I'm gonna get lectured again."
She murmured absentmindedly, not quite present in the moment even as Hiro continued to shake her backwards and forwards slowly. At this point he wouldn't be surprised if she just slumped to the ground at this point and admitted to a mental defeat.

Yikes, am I really that overbearing?

"Is it that bad?"
He asked her curiously, and Y/n sighed, standing up straight as they finally continued their walk to the cupcakery.
"Or are you just being dramatic because someone finally stepped up and told you off?"

He prepared himself for a punch, elbow, or some form of pain, but quickly remembered that he had forbidden her from harming him for the day as he felt nothing jabbing his side.

Y/n winced as she thought over her answer, and her expression, though half hidden under her mask, made Hiro wince too when he realised that maybe he was being a little overbearing.
"He keeps telling me to stop getting into trouble and handling things myself."

Hiro's guilt was quick to diminish into a deadpann expression as he glanced over to her from the corner of his eye.
Of course she'd be upset over that.

"He's so annoying."
Y/n complained and Hiro quickly bit his tongue, hard, to prevent himself from releasing any offended scoffs. Then he bit his tongue even harder as the girl placed her hands on her hips, her face morphing into a mockingly stern expression.
"You need to listen to me because I'm Cyber and I said so, give me a break."
She quoted, waving a finger in front of her face as though she were scolding someone.
"Who does he think he is telling me that, stupid hunk of plasti-"

Hiro rubbed his hands over his face, praying to whatever forces at play that she would soon move on from the topic of conversation as he withstood Y/n's insults aimed at his alter-ego. Though admittedly, Hiro was also quite proud of himself, in the fact that only he seemed to be someone who was able to hit Y/n back with what she served in sharp words. He was also quite proud that his little alter-ego seemed to be the only person who could subdue her actions and force her to come to a standstill.