Want some coffee?

"When and how did you start hacking?"

I paused for a couple of moments to contemplate how I was going to answer this without revealing so much about myself. Then, I shrugged, if they weren't going to listen when I told them that I was still uncomfortable revealing such drastic pieces of information about myself to them, I simply had to say it straight. Especially since I had made that silent promise to myself, the one where Hiro would be the first to learn about anything to do with me before anyone else...even though I've been putting it off for a while now.
However, if I told them that, I was convinced that Honey Lemon would start reacting weirdly again.

I flexed my fingers, feeling a relaxing crack move through my fingers.
"I got into hacking quite young since my Father worked in Cybersecurity. I built on from that. When I really became a Hacker, I can't really say...I promis-"

"Nevermind the hacking, geez Gogo, you never ask the good stuff."
Honey interrupted me and truth be told I was significantly grateful for that, even if her interruption was blatantly rude on her half.
She looked at me with sparkles in her eyes.

"Hacker, have you ever had a boyfriend or been in love?"

I can see where her priorities lie.
I raised an eyebrow at her, or maybe I was grimacing, or perhaps a mix of both expressions. Her question was quite odd, and I didn't know how to react. Whether I should laugh politely or roll my eyes to tell her my answers.
"I've never had a boyfriend."
I stated, face neutral as my memory took me on a trip through Seoul Academy again.
"I mean, I was in an all girls school, 5 years younger than my peers. I'd be a little concerned if anyone had a crush on me, whether I was 9 or 13."
I chuckled to myself slightly, though the smile on my lips didn't quite reach my eyes.
"And love..."
I sighed audibly, leaning my head on my hand lazily.
"I've never felt love for anyone that has been more than platonic. Considering I haven't had friends other than Rem till now, I've only ever felt love for my family."
I paused again, to try and think about the concept of being in a relationship. I shuddered inwardly.
"I can't picture myself in a relationship, I was clueless on friendship, what makes you think I'd ever want to throw myself into a relationship with someone?"
I drawled, and my lips twitched in albeit a sardonic expression as I made eye contact with her.

"And you called my question stupid."
Gogo snorted behind a glass of wine.

But Honey was ever the insistent one, leaning over the table with this fire in her eyes as though she had come to some discovery that she had been searching for.
"So, do you believe in true love?"

"...I do, actually."
I smiled as I held my mocktail glass in my free hand, noting both their surprised expressions.
"Whilst I induldged myself in many novels since I was out of education, my parents were the biggest example of how I would describe true love...but for me personally I don't ever want to fall in love."

"How could you say you don't want to fall in love if you've never experienced it?"

I could feel my heart start to become heavy once more, the sensation of this crushing pressure on my chest growing. This time, without Hiro next to me to distract me from the feeling like before.